Cookies on fushi.co.uk
How to get beach ready
With the summer holiday booked and the bikini shopping started, many of us will be wondering how to get toned up before we hit the beach.
Research shows 90 per cent of post-adolescent women have cellulite on their body, with the main problem areas being the bum, back of the thighs, upper arms and stomach, but personal trainer Kelly Du Buisson urges us not to get hung up on the idea of a perfect body.
"Everybody’s body shape is different and there is no single image for what you should look like on the beach," she pointed out.
"However, to treat those trouble spots that spend the rest of the year covered up, try a simple routine which uses wide leg squat jumps. These tone the gluteus, the inner and front of the thigh and the core."
As part of your healthy living regime, try burpees, which involve doing a star-jump then immediately getting on the floor, kicking your legs out far behind you, pulling them back in and repeating the move for a whole minute.
Toning exercises are also great for building muscles - and the more muscles you use, the more calories you burn.
"To keep yourself feeling fit and at your best on the beach, make sure you avoid high calorie and sugary foods that leave you feeling and looking bloated," advised Kelly.
"Avoid ice cream and candy floss - they may taste nice and cool you down, but the sugar in these snacks can cause inflammation in the gut, giving you that bloat that doesn’t sit well in a bikini."
When you’re relaxing in the summer sunshine, remember to keep your fluid intake up because otherwise you could get dehydrated. Kelly recommended boiling some green tea and leaving it to cool while you get ready. Pour it into a spray bottle and take it with you to the beach, so that when your skin feels like it’s had enough you can spritz your own remedy on to freshen up your complexion.
Posted by Laura Andrews
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Vickie, This is only if you're making your own carrot oil. You do not need to do that with our carrot oil. Hope this helps :)
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello Offor, Thank you for your message. Yes, that's fine. It will make a great moisturising and nourishing body butter. Hope this helps :)
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Tope, Thank you for your message. Carrot oil lightens the dark spots and helps to heal the scars. It is effective for numerous skin issues: psoriasis, eczema, itching... You can combine it with other essential oils, for example, Rosemary, lemon, lavender, lime, orange, bergamot, etc. Carrot seed oil is great for skin lightening itself, it is very effective. However, you can also always mix carrot seed oil with a cold-pressed carrier oil like sweet almond oil or coconut oil. Hope this helps. :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenWonderful information
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi,I saw a post where it is required to sun dry your grated carrot oil in order to remove moisture,Is this advisable?
- Carrot Oil for Face Please is it advisable to mix the carrot oil, Shea butter and coconut oil together for the skin