Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Improve your complexion by eating healthily
Those who feel self-conscious about the state of their skin could improve it by using organic beauty products and changing their diet.
Victoria Evans, corporate trainer at the International Dermal Institute, explained that a poor diet can reveal itself in the skin, so by eating more healthily you could see a vast improvement in your complexion.
"If your body is very toxic - you are overweight, have a high fatty diet and you don’t have a lot of essential fats or vitamins, then your skin, body and general health is not going to be reflective of health," she said.
"It is not necessarily that eating certain foods can cause spots, but by generally being unhealthy the skin is more likely to look more toxic and get more congested."
However, there are plenty of things you can try to boost your health and your appearance, such as by stocking up on foods that are rich in vitamins and full of skin-loving antioxidants.
Omega-3 fats, for example, could be used to treat spots and reduce inflammation in the body. They are found in oily fish and research has shown that as well as being great for the skin, they’re also beneficial to overall health. A recent scientific review by the Sahlgrenska Academy at the University of Gothenburg asserted that a Mediterranean diet containing plenty of fish and fresh vegetables could extend lifespan by two to three years and leads to better health.
As well as omega-3, individuals who want to improve their complexion could increase their intake of phytessence wakame, which is a type of seaweed that grows in Japan and forms a large part of the population’s diet. It could well be responsible for the smooth, youthful-looking skin that Japanese women are blessed with and can be eaten fresh or dried.
Finally, you can maintain your skin’s natural barrier against the cold, dry elements by consuming food containing sorbitol. The sugar alcohol is a fantastic natural moisturiser and is found in grapes, berries, plums, pears and seaweed.
Posted by Matilda Jones
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyHi Fred, Unfortunately, I am unable to advise on this since you are taking medication. Herbal remedies can interact with other drugs. You should approach any kind of supplement or medication with equal caution (prescription and non-prescription). It is best to seek advice from your GP.
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyIs it safe to take 500mg Ashwaganda once a day whilst taking fluoxetine 20mg Once a day?
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Mercy, yes Carrot oil is usually made using carrot fruit infused in almond oil :) The oil should be stored in a cool, dark place to maintain the maximum shelf life. You can also store it in the refrigerator. It Will keep for 6-8 months if stored properly.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi, I made carrot oil from almond oil and carrot fruit, is it good? And how do I keep it to avoid spoilage
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello :) There are no studies that indicates negative effects on femininity and hirsutism on women. Studies have shown that Ashwagandha is a magical herb for women of all ages and the benefits for women are plenty. When consumed regularly, it can have a positive effect on physical and mental health. Hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenI have heard that using this herb cause negative effects on femininity and some times produces hair on face of woman.