Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Improve your complexion by eating healthily
Those who feel self-conscious about the state of their skin could improve it by using organic beauty products and changing their diet.
Victoria Evans, corporate trainer at the International Dermal Institute, explained that a poor diet can reveal itself in the skin, so by eating more healthily you could see a vast improvement in your complexion.
"If your body is very toxic - you are overweight, have a high fatty diet and you don’t have a lot of essential fats or vitamins, then your skin, body and general health is not going to be reflective of health," she said.
"It is not necessarily that eating certain foods can cause spots, but by generally being unhealthy the skin is more likely to look more toxic and get more congested."
However, there are plenty of things you can try to boost your health and your appearance, such as by stocking up on foods that are rich in vitamins and full of skin-loving antioxidants.
Omega-3 fats, for example, could be used to treat spots and reduce inflammation in the body. They are found in oily fish and research has shown that as well as being great for the skin, they’re also beneficial to overall health. A recent scientific review by the Sahlgrenska Academy at the University of Gothenburg asserted that a Mediterranean diet containing plenty of fish and fresh vegetables could extend lifespan by two to three years and leads to better health.
As well as omega-3, individuals who want to improve their complexion could increase their intake of phytessence wakame, which is a type of seaweed that grows in Japan and forms a large part of the population’s diet. It could well be responsible for the smooth, youthful-looking skin that Japanese women are blessed with and can be eaten fresh or dried.
Finally, you can maintain your skin’s natural barrier against the cold, dry elements by consuming food containing sorbitol. The sugar alcohol is a fantastic natural moisturiser and is found in grapes, berries, plums, pears and seaweed.
Posted by Matilda Jones
- Coconut Organic Oil Virgin Fresh-PressedAs low as £6.00 Regular Price £6.00
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy