Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Include fun workouts in your healthy living drive
With exercise probably being the main aspect of healthy living that many individuals give up when the going gets tough, it might be worth getting stuck in to the latest fitness trends so that you’ll be motivated by how much fun it is to work out.
According to Mary Comber, editor of Health & Fitness magazine, the biggest trend in exercise at the moment is for functional workouts that mimic the moves we do in everyday life.
"After all, what’s the use of having beautifully toned arms if you can’t run for a bus or lift a heavy suitcase with ease? The goal has shifted from simply looking good to getting fit for your daily life," she explained.
She explained that many gyms are now focusing on providing exercise programmes that promote core strength, flexibility, co-ordination and balance, and some are even removing their fixed static weights machines and replacing them with freestyle training zones where fitness fans can do floor exercise on Yoga mats.
Ms Comber also noted that the rising popularity of smartphones is having a big impact on the world of fitness, because people can access instant workouts, exercise advice and motivation through their fingertips.
"Exercisers are realising it’s not just about going to the gym - they can find something they like and can do at time that suits them, all at the touch of a button," she said.
"Gadgets including timers, GPS trackers and calorie counters are also great for keeping people motivated and excited about their workouts."
With this in mind, many individuals are quitting their gym membership and trying out lower-cost workouts that they can do in the comfort of their own home or round the local area. Lots of people are taking up running because all you need is a pair of decent trainers, while others are investing in workout DVDs or magazines so they can get fit in their living room.
Posted by Freya Harper
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy