Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Investing in Yoga mats ’could reduce back and shoulder pain’
One way to get rid of back and shoulder pain is to invest in quality Yoga mats and take up regular sessions, according to one convert.
Journalist Linda Harrison explained that Yoga has had a "miraculous" effect on her body after she was diagnosed with a repetitive strain injury in her shoulder.
In an article for the Daily Express, the writer said she had tried using an ergonomic keyboard and physiotherapy to deal with the pain to no avail, and signed up to Yoga classes in a moment of desperation.
"During my first class something miraculous happened. Sitting on our mats we gently stretched and twisted our bodies," Ms Harrison wrote.
"’Take a deep breath, exhale and try to twist further,’ the teacher said. I felt a sharp ’pop’ as something shifted around the middle of my spine. As I held the pose I can only describe the feeling as a total, blissful release in my muscles."
She has now been taking her Yoga equipment to twice-weekly classes for eight months and says the old injury can start to feel uncomfortable if she misses a session.
Yoga teacher Louise Cashin told the newspaper that Yoga can help combat back pain because the postures are designed to make the spine move and stretch.
"It’s all about posture and body awareness. Certain postures can really help different types of pain," she commented.
Those who work at a computer all day might benefit from Yoga moves, such as ’twists’ and ’standing forward bends’, as these work the muscles around the shoulder blades and upper spine.
"When you’re sitting at a desk, your back muscles are always in contraction because they are keeping you upright," explained Ms Cashin. "When you do a forward bend your spine opens."
Posted by Freya Harper
- Carrot Oil for Face Which essential oil is best mix with carrot oil for face and body
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Praise, Carrot oil, which is a carrier oil does have a slight ability to protect skin from the sun. However, it does not clear sunburn from your face or any of the oils you have mentioned. Coconut oil, Aloe Vera or Calendula oil might help. You can also apply essential oils that help sooth sun burn with either jojoba oil or sweet almond oil. The best essential oils for this would be lavender or peppermint. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Please, can I mix tumeric oil, carrot oil, jojoba oil and sweet almond to clear sunburn on my face
- Shatavari benefits for WomenHi D, indeed there is conflicting information on whether Shatavari can be taken during pregnancy or not. Some studies showed that Shatavari can affect milk supply during lactation, and that Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus) has possible teratogenicity so it should be avoided in pregnancy. Other studies showed that Shatavari is an ingredient in most herbal teas which are recommended to be taken during pregnancy and breastfeeding. I would recommend that you consult your GP or a qualified herbalist who deals with pregnant women before taking anything, in case you are already taking some supplements/ drugs or herbs to help with your pregnancy.
- Shatavari benefits for WomenHi, there's conflicting information whether this can still be taking during pregnancy. What do you suggest as I use your brand and trying to conceive?
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Dear Fatima, thank you for your message. For your type of skin Almond oil is ok -- its comedogenic level is 2 out of 5, it means it's not going to clog your pores. If you are looking for something even lower on that scale, you should go for Argan, Rosehip, Grapeseed, Hemp -oil which are 0-1. I hope this helps.