Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Investing in Yoga mats ’could reduce back and shoulder pain’
One way to get rid of back and shoulder pain is to invest in quality Yoga mats and take up regular sessions, according to one convert.
Journalist Linda Harrison explained that Yoga has had a "miraculous" effect on her body after she was diagnosed with a repetitive strain injury in her shoulder.
In an article for the Daily Express, the writer said she had tried using an ergonomic keyboard and physiotherapy to deal with the pain to no avail, and signed up to Yoga classes in a moment of desperation.
"During my first class something miraculous happened. Sitting on our mats we gently stretched and twisted our bodies," Ms Harrison wrote.
"’Take a deep breath, exhale and try to twist further,’ the teacher said. I felt a sharp ’pop’ as something shifted around the middle of my spine. As I held the pose I can only describe the feeling as a total, blissful release in my muscles."
She has now been taking her Yoga equipment to twice-weekly classes for eight months and says the old injury can start to feel uncomfortable if she misses a session.
Yoga teacher Louise Cashin told the newspaper that Yoga can help combat back pain because the postures are designed to make the spine move and stretch.
"It’s all about posture and body awareness. Certain postures can really help different types of pain," she commented.
Those who work at a computer all day might benefit from Yoga moves, such as ’twists’ and ’standing forward bends’, as these work the muscles around the shoulder blades and upper spine.
"When you’re sitting at a desk, your back muscles are always in contraction because they are keeping you upright," explained Ms Cashin. "When you do a forward bend your spine opens."
Posted by Freya Harper
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello Dia, Thank you for your comment. Research is confusing when it comes to testosterone levels with PCOS and using Ashwagandha. As it is an adaptogenic herb, it will 'adapt' to the environment of the body to support hormonal balance. A huge therapeutic benefit of Ashwagandha is its ability to balance cortisol levels, which could improve stress and symptoms of PCOS also. If you are currently using any medications or under medical supervision, please seek advice from your practitioner to ensure there are no interactions. I hope this helps :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs ashwagandha is good to be taken to increase height who have testosterone level high along with pcod ?
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHi Simie, thank you for your message. Ashwagandha is safe to be taken alongside other supplements including Vitamin E and Calcium. We would advise you check with your GP for interactions with estrogen medications for menopause as there are different variations of these medications. I hope this helps :)