Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Investing in Yoga mats ’could reduce back and shoulder pain’
One way to get rid of back and shoulder pain is to invest in quality Yoga mats and take up regular sessions, according to one convert.
Journalist Linda Harrison explained that Yoga has had a "miraculous" effect on her body after she was diagnosed with a repetitive strain injury in her shoulder.
In an article for the Daily Express, the writer said she had tried using an ergonomic keyboard and physiotherapy to deal with the pain to no avail, and signed up to Yoga classes in a moment of desperation.
"During my first class something miraculous happened. Sitting on our mats we gently stretched and twisted our bodies," Ms Harrison wrote.
"’Take a deep breath, exhale and try to twist further,’ the teacher said. I felt a sharp ’pop’ as something shifted around the middle of my spine. As I held the pose I can only describe the feeling as a total, blissful release in my muscles."
She has now been taking her Yoga equipment to twice-weekly classes for eight months and says the old injury can start to feel uncomfortable if she misses a session.
Yoga teacher Louise Cashin told the newspaper that Yoga can help combat back pain because the postures are designed to make the spine move and stretch.
"It’s all about posture and body awareness. Certain postures can really help different types of pain," she commented.
Those who work at a computer all day might benefit from Yoga moves, such as ’twists’ and ’standing forward bends’, as these work the muscles around the shoulder blades and upper spine.
"When you’re sitting at a desk, your back muscles are always in contraction because they are keeping you upright," explained Ms Cashin. "When you do a forward bend your spine opens."
Posted by Freya Harper
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you Emiliano for your comment. In this blog we are referring more to oils, more so than butters and while we agree with you Shea is an excellent emollient for hair, it's consistency is more buttery and it is used more as a leave-in remedy to smooth hair texture. We have suggested Coconut oil as it helps slow down hair loss by penetrating deep into your hair shaft to prevent protein loss, which in turn prevents breakage. When applied to your scalp, it simultaneously moisturises and removes build-up around your hair follicles to encourage hair growth and is one of base oils always used in Ayurveda for hair treatments. As this post is more focused for hair and not for skin, the comedogenic scale applies to skin/pores and not hair follicles. Thank you again for your feedback.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Hello Zu, yes hair loss can be very stressful and this in turn amplifies the cause almost.. Perhaps with Covid, your system may have been depleted of nutrients and fighting the virus can take its toll on your immune system, so sometimes our hair and skin suffer when we have been ill. We really believe in oils for scalp massage as the best way to revive the growth and help regenerate the follicles. It may be also worth at looking at internal supplements and making sure you are getting enough of omega oils, perhaps plant based such as nuts and seeds in your diet. For external oil treatment, would recommend the Really Good Hair oil which we create with Brahmi, this herb is known to help bring the scalp back to health and improve growth. Biotin is also a good vitamin to take as a supplement to help with hair growth so do look into that. So hope these tips will be helpful for you.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?I, am very surprised that your article did not include Organic Shea Butter and that coconut oil, is your number one choice for hair growth and thickness. According to the comedogenic scale, coconut oil, has a rating of (4), on a scale from (0), to (5), on clogging your pores. Why would anyone put coconut oil, on their hair or skin knowing the pores will get clogged up. Shea Butter, on the other hand has a (0), rating on the comedogenic scale, which is great for dry hair and skin and won't clog up your pores.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks