Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Investing in Yoga mats ’could reduce back and shoulder pain’
One way to get rid of back and shoulder pain is to invest in quality Yoga mats and take up regular sessions, according to one convert.
Journalist Linda Harrison explained that Yoga has had a "miraculous" effect on her body after she was diagnosed with a repetitive strain injury in her shoulder.
In an article for the Daily Express, the writer said she had tried using an ergonomic keyboard and physiotherapy to deal with the pain to no avail, and signed up to Yoga classes in a moment of desperation.
"During my first class something miraculous happened. Sitting on our mats we gently stretched and twisted our bodies," Ms Harrison wrote.
"’Take a deep breath, exhale and try to twist further,’ the teacher said. I felt a sharp ’pop’ as something shifted around the middle of my spine. As I held the pose I can only describe the feeling as a total, blissful release in my muscles."
She has now been taking her Yoga equipment to twice-weekly classes for eight months and says the old injury can start to feel uncomfortable if she misses a session.
Yoga teacher Louise Cashin told the newspaper that Yoga can help combat back pain because the postures are designed to make the spine move and stretch.
"It’s all about posture and body awareness. Certain postures can really help different types of pain," she commented.
Those who work at a computer all day might benefit from Yoga moves, such as ’twists’ and ’standing forward bends’, as these work the muscles around the shoulder blades and upper spine.
"When you’re sitting at a desk, your back muscles are always in contraction because they are keeping you upright," explained Ms Cashin. "When you do a forward bend your spine opens."
Posted by Freya Harper
- Carrot Oil for Face Thank you for your message. Cold pressed carrot oil protects and preserves the nutrients of the carrots. Since the cold press presses the produce to extract the oil, no heat is involved. ... You get 100% of the vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and nutrients when you apply cold pressed oil on your face. Frying grated carrots which involves heat and oil will remove some of those nutrients. Hope this helps.
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyVery well written article indeed. Thank you for elaborating on so many levels and aspects of it.
- Carrot Oil for Face hello there, must i used only cold-pressed carrot oil on my face? Does frying the grated carrots in coconut oil still maintain the nutrients necessary for the face?
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Dear Rose, Thank you for your message. You can mix equal amounts of Pomegranate seed oil and Rosehip oil.You can add 3-4 drops from each, mix and apply on your face. Hope this helps.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hello Fushi, could you Kindly advise exactly how many drops of oil should I use to mix to mix pomegranate and rosehip oil?
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Hello Asma, Thank you for your message. Being a carrier oil, Pomegranate oil is safe to apply on the skin without dilution. However, because of its richness it is often used at dilutions of approximately 5-15% in skincare formulations. Combining Rosehip oil and pomegranate oil will give you a deeply nourishing blend of particularly antioxidant- and vitamin rich oils. It may also support scars, wrinkles and premature ageing. Hope this helps.