Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Lift your mood with Yoga mats
Investing in Yoga mats and taking part in some gentle stretching sessions could help people lift their mood, according to Michelle Clemons.
The mindfulness-based master practitioner of neuro linguistic programming and author of Transforming Stress to Success explained that getting involved in something active could help individuals feel better this autumn.
"I suggest making a list of whatever physical activities you enjoy, but avoid thinking about the word ’exercise’ as it puts up a psychological barrier for many of us," she said.
"Walking the dog, playing with the kids, pottering about in the garden, going dancing - all of these will help to reduce stress and lift one’s mood. Other less physical activities can include watching comedy films or comedy TV series DVDs, or reading humorous books. Laughter therapy really works, and it’s something that we all enjoy," Ms Clemons added.
Her remarks came after Maureen Dowd of the New York Times advised that Yoga is the best way to ameliorate the strain of working.
"I’ve tried various remedies for the ravages of stress: better nutrition, caramels, gym, green tea Popsicles, kava kava, kale, kombucha, cupcakes, chocolate, Chardonnay - sometimes in concurrent combinations. The one that works best is Yoga," she wrote.
The writer was reviewing a book called The Science of Yoga: The Myths and the Rewards by New York Times science writer William Broad, who has practised Yoga since attending college in 1970, and explained that the book’s author goes into detail about how the exercise affects the mind and body.
"Being a vegetarian reduces the level of testosterone in the body, but Yoga appears to raise it, as well as lowering fight-or-flight hormones and improving circulation and inner flexibility," she said.
Mr Broad also points out the number of famous people whose decision to invest in quality Yoga mats has helped them with their aches and pains, including violinist and conductor Yehudi Menuhin, rock star Sting and Philadelphia Orchestra conductor Leopold Stokowski.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.