Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Look after your curls with coconut oil
It can be bad enough trying to force a hairbrush through dry, snagged hair at the best of times, but the problem can get even worse in the colder weather when curly hair tends to go flyaway after it encounters central heating.
However, using organic coconut oil to rehydrate your locks will help to tame wild curls and get them looking smooth and chic.
Is your hair prone to heat damage?
Writing in an article for the Guardian, Anita Bhagwandas explained that some types of hair are more prone to heat damage than others.
Celebrity hairdresser Paul Edmonds told her:
"We know the main causes of damaged hair are over using hot styling tools, over-brushing, sun damage and over highlighting. But different types of hair are more prone to damage than others. Afro hair, before it’s even processed, is more susceptible to damage because the hair shaft is a flat elliptical shape, which is responsible for the tight curls, meaning more opportunities for breakage.
"When you add relaxing or weaves into the equation, they can pull and damage hair if they’re done too tight or left in for too long. Make sure you go to the best person you can afford for this very reason"
People with Indian hair generally have the best hair type, the hairstylist went on, but the barnet can still be stripped of its moisture by bleaching, colouring or through over-use of henna.
However, he assured that a dry hair treatment in the form of a deep conditioner used several times a week can help restore your crowning glory to its glossy best.
The key is regularity, though, so individuals need to get into the mindset of looking after their locks whenever they reach for the shampoo.
"I wish I’d had this revelation sooner; now after a month of intense conditioning, mine is saying three Hail Mary’s. I honestly can’t blame it," added Ms Bhagwandas.
Posted by Laura Andrews
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy