Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Look after your curls with coconut oil
It can be bad enough trying to force a hairbrush through dry, snagged hair at the best of times, but the problem can get even worse in the colder weather when curly hair tends to go flyaway after it encounters central heating.
However, using organic coconut oil to rehydrate your locks will help to tame wild curls and get them looking smooth and chic.
Is your hair prone to heat damage?
Writing in an article for the Guardian, Anita Bhagwandas explained that some types of hair are more prone to heat damage than others.
Celebrity hairdresser Paul Edmonds told her:
"We know the main causes of damaged hair are over using hot styling tools, over-brushing, sun damage and over highlighting. But different types of hair are more prone to damage than others. Afro hair, before it’s even processed, is more susceptible to damage because the hair shaft is a flat elliptical shape, which is responsible for the tight curls, meaning more opportunities for breakage.
"When you add relaxing or weaves into the equation, they can pull and damage hair if they’re done too tight or left in for too long. Make sure you go to the best person you can afford for this very reason"
People with Indian hair generally have the best hair type, the hairstylist went on, but the barnet can still be stripped of its moisture by bleaching, colouring or through over-use of henna.
However, he assured that a dry hair treatment in the form of a deep conditioner used several times a week can help restore your crowning glory to its glossy best.
The key is regularity, though, so individuals need to get into the mindset of looking after their locks whenever they reach for the shampoo.
"I wish I’d had this revelation sooner; now after a month of intense conditioning, mine is saying three Hail Mary’s. I honestly can’t blame it," added Ms Bhagwandas.
Posted by Laura Andrews
- Wholefood Beauty Totale for Skin Hair Nails and UV protectionAs low as £16.00
- Really Good Hair Oil 100ml£18.00
- Skin, Hair & Nails Herbal Tincture Blend 100ml25% OFFAs low as £15.00 Regular Price £20.00
- Coconut Organic Oil Virgin Fresh-Pressed25% OFFAs low as £7.50 Regular Price £10.00
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes, our cold pressed carrot oil can be used on both the face and body. You can add few drops of Carrot oil to your body cream.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes you can mix few drops of carrot oil with Shea butter and apply it as hair mask. It is thought to bring balance in moisture for hair as a conditioning agent. Shea Butter and Carrot Oil works extremely well as a hair softening mask, especially to comfort sensitive, aging skin during cold winter climates and extreme dry heat.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello can I mix carrot oil and Shea butter and apply on my hair
- Carrot Oil for Face Can i use cold pressed carrot oil as my face and body cream
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) you can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello, You can for sure mix carrot and papaya oil together. I will help reduce hyperpigmentation :)