Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Make eco-friendly gifts for your loved ones this year
Thinking of giving eco-friendly gifts this year? Why not try to make something yourself?
This is the suggestion from Hilary Bruffell, co-founder of makeitandmendit.com, who noted that there is a trend towards creating homemade goods born from concerns about finances and also from a desire to be more environmentally friendly.
"Making and mending doesn’t just make sustainable sense, but environmental sense and also psychological sense," she explained. "Making is good for us and can increase not only our sense of wellbeing, but our sense of control over difficult times."
"We have noticed a large rise in traffic of people wanting to find out how to do things for themselves and how they can make their money go further. Making and mending isn’t just about ’making do’ and getting by, but also about getting more for your money and valuing what you have."
One thing people can try is to make their own Christmas decorations or update their old ones by giving them a revamp.
"This doesn’t mean that they have to look naff and horrible, [but] with a little bit of inspiration and glue you can make your house look a winter wonderland without paying a fortune," Ms Bruffell added.
But those who feel their talents do not lie with making their own presents for loved ones have plenty of other options when it comes to eco-friendly products.
The Guardian has put together a guide to green presents, from purses made of organic cotton to a recycled cork phone cover, so there are lots of things to choose from.
And if you decide to ’give green’ this Christmas, you certainly won’t be alone - research from the Co-operative Group last week found that sales of ethical goods and services rose by nine per cent this year, despite the ongoing tough financial climate putting a downer on people’s spending patterns.
Posted by Sam Wallace
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.