Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Medic highlights importance of healthy living
A health expert as highlighted the importance of healthy living amid the UK’s much-publicised obesity epidemic.
Dr Hillary Jones, a spokesman for the Time to Tackle Your Health Campaign, pointed out that average food portion sizes are getting bigger and appetites are lacking in restraint, which is causing people to develop a range of serious health problems.
People are also eating energy dense diets and consuming unhealthy fast food such as processed beef burgers and fries, which is exacerbating the problem, Dr Jones explained.
He urged people to keep their weight in check by consuming smaller portions, eating foods that contain fewer carbohydrates and less saturated fat, and exercising more.
"It really isn’t rocket science; this is possible," Dr Jones commented. "It just takes an element of motivation to start doing it for a month or so and then you are in the groove."
As well as improving their diets to include more healthy foods such as fresh foods and vegetables, consumers can also take nutritional supplements in order to boost their intake of essential vitamins that may be lacking from their day to day diet.
In addition to this, herbal supplements can be included into diets for their antioxidant properties, which are ideal for preventing diseases.
A recent survey conducted by Pulse Today found that a range of nutritional supplements are being rationed within the NHS, with many patients being denied access to them.
The survey, which questioned around 300 UK-based general practitioners, found that restrictions on GP referrals have become so stringent that the number of patients referred from GPs to hospitals in one area of the UK has dropped by 37 per cent in the first quarter of 2011 compared with the previous year.
Posted by Matilda Jones
- Coconut Organic Oil Virgin Fresh-PressedAs low as £6.00 Regular Price £6.00
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy