Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Meditation ’can be a foundation for mindfulness’
Taking 20 minutes out of your busy day to relax on quality Yoga mats could be a great way to unwind and let go of any stress that’s been forcing your muscles to tense up at work.
According to Stuart Bold of social enterprise the Meditation Foundation, focusing on your breathing is a skill that can be taken into everyday life to help you become more aware of your surroundings and release any pressure you’ve been feeling.
Types of meditation the expert recommends include mindfulness practices, eating meditation and even just quietly enjoying a walk.
"Once someone learns meditation, it becomes a marvellous foundation for bringing balance, clarity, awareness and calm to life generally - and this can be done as part of a modern life, in a variety of easy and practical ways."
Meditation may also have other benefits useful to those following a healthy living plan, as a collaboration between the organisation and the University of Manchester has recently been helping cardiac rehab patients and people diagnosed with diabetes.
"Meditation is superb for addressing and helping with cardiac health problems and is also highly beneficial in reducing the risk factors for cardiac disease, stroke and diabetes," added Mr Bold.
Meanwhile, Guardian writer Chris Cox has been taking tips from a meditation master in order to help him train better for an upcoming half-marathon.
The journalist reported that there is much similarity to be found in both the worlds of running and meditation, such as focusing on breathing patterns while staying attuned to the environment around you.
"Lots of runners report entering into ’Zen-like’ states during marathons. Even going for short runs helps many people to relax and let go of humdrum worries," Mr Cox commented.
Posted by Freya Harper
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.