Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Meditation ’can be a foundation for mindfulness’
Taking 20 minutes out of your busy day to relax on quality Yoga mats could be a great way to unwind and let go of any stress that’s been forcing your muscles to tense up at work.
According to Stuart Bold of social enterprise the Meditation Foundation, focusing on your breathing is a skill that can be taken into everyday life to help you become more aware of your surroundings and release any pressure you’ve been feeling.
Types of meditation the expert recommends include mindfulness practices, eating meditation and even just quietly enjoying a walk.
"Once someone learns meditation, it becomes a marvellous foundation for bringing balance, clarity, awareness and calm to life generally - and this can be done as part of a modern life, in a variety of easy and practical ways."
Meditation may also have other benefits useful to those following a healthy living plan, as a collaboration between the organisation and the University of Manchester has recently been helping cardiac rehab patients and people diagnosed with diabetes.
"Meditation is superb for addressing and helping with cardiac health problems and is also highly beneficial in reducing the risk factors for cardiac disease, stroke and diabetes," added Mr Bold.
Meanwhile, Guardian writer Chris Cox has been taking tips from a meditation master in order to help him train better for an upcoming half-marathon.
The journalist reported that there is much similarity to be found in both the worlds of running and meditation, such as focusing on breathing patterns while staying attuned to the environment around you.
"Lots of runners report entering into ’Zen-like’ states during marathons. Even going for short runs helps many people to relax and let go of humdrum worries," Mr Cox commented.
Posted by Freya Harper
- Carrot Oil for Face Thank you for your message. Cold pressed carrot oil protects and preserves the nutrients of the carrots. Since the cold press presses the produce to extract the oil, no heat is involved. ... You get 100% of the vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and nutrients when you apply cold pressed oil on your face. Frying grated carrots which involves heat and oil will remove some of those nutrients. Hope this helps.
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyVery well written article indeed. Thank you for elaborating on so many levels and aspects of it.
- Carrot Oil for Face hello there, must i used only cold-pressed carrot oil on my face? Does frying the grated carrots in coconut oil still maintain the nutrients necessary for the face?
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Dear Rose, Thank you for your message. You can mix equal amounts of Pomegranate seed oil and Rosehip oil.You can add 3-4 drops from each, mix and apply on your face. Hope this helps.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hello Fushi, could you Kindly advise exactly how many drops of oil should I use to mix to mix pomegranate and rosehip oil?
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Hello Asma, Thank you for your message. Being a carrier oil, Pomegranate oil is safe to apply on the skin without dilution. However, because of its richness it is often used at dilutions of approximately 5-15% in skincare formulations. Combining Rosehip oil and pomegranate oil will give you a deeply nourishing blend of particularly antioxidant- and vitamin rich oils. It may also support scars, wrinkles and premature ageing. Hope this helps.