Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Meditation ’can be a foundation for mindfulness’
Taking 20 minutes out of your busy day to relax on quality Yoga mats could be a great way to unwind and let go of any stress that’s been forcing your muscles to tense up at work.
According to Stuart Bold of social enterprise the Meditation Foundation, focusing on your breathing is a skill that can be taken into everyday life to help you become more aware of your surroundings and release any pressure you’ve been feeling.
Types of meditation the expert recommends include mindfulness practices, eating meditation and even just quietly enjoying a walk.
"Once someone learns meditation, it becomes a marvellous foundation for bringing balance, clarity, awareness and calm to life generally - and this can be done as part of a modern life, in a variety of easy and practical ways."
Meditation may also have other benefits useful to those following a healthy living plan, as a collaboration between the organisation and the University of Manchester has recently been helping cardiac rehab patients and people diagnosed with diabetes.
"Meditation is superb for addressing and helping with cardiac health problems and is also highly beneficial in reducing the risk factors for cardiac disease, stroke and diabetes," added Mr Bold.
Meanwhile, Guardian writer Chris Cox has been taking tips from a meditation master in order to help him train better for an upcoming half-marathon.
The journalist reported that there is much similarity to be found in both the worlds of running and meditation, such as focusing on breathing patterns while staying attuned to the environment around you.
"Lots of runners report entering into ’Zen-like’ states during marathons. Even going for short runs helps many people to relax and let go of humdrum worries," Mr Cox commented.
Posted by Freya Harper
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHi Simie, thank you for your message. Ashwagandha is safe to be taken alongside other supplements including Vitamin E and Calcium. We would advise you check with your GP for interactions with estrogen medications for menopause as there are different variations of these medications. I hope this helps :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenCan I take Ashwaganda with other supplements such as vit E, calcium and also estrogen for menopause?
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Kianouche, Thank you for your message. I would recommend to mix pomegranate oil with Marula oil for what you are looking to treat. A few drops of antioxidant-rich Marula oil mixed with Pomegranate oil can boost efficacy and help restore your skin’s functions in perfect equilibrium. Long term use may visibly minimise pores, brighten the skin, protect it from the oxidative damage caused by pollution, tones down pigmentation and assists with scar tissue healing. Hope this helps :)
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi I’ve bought some of your pomegranate oil, together with rosehip and marula oils. Which of the other two oils would be better to mix with pomegranate oil for mature skin with hyperpigmentation due to sun damage and sometimes prone to spots and milia when using rich moisturisers. Also, can I use pomegranate oil by itself or combined with either of the other two oils around my eyes
- Flaxseed oil: the homeopathic healerHi Genevive, Thank you for your comment. Homeopathic medicine refers to an alternative approach to medicine that uses natural substances that can be prepared to create a remedy to restore our health and feeling of vitality. Flaxseeds are a natural product that we have pressed organically to produce Flaxseed oil that we celebrate for its powerful healing qualities. I hope that helps!
- Flaxseed oil: the homeopathic healerHow, exactly, is this product homeopathic?