Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Meditation ’is most effective way to release stress’
Going through periods of stress can be a trying time, both physically and emotionally, so anything we can do for ourselves to ease the pressure is a good thing.
Jillian Lavender, director and co-founder of the London Meditation Centre, said finding natural ways to relax can make us healthier in the long run.
"Meditation is one of the most effective ways to release deep-rooted stress from the body," she explained.
"Whilst we often think of stress as being all in the mind, it actually resides in the body. Stress comes about through excitation and overload. If the body is not able to recover and get back to a point of equilibrium then we store that stress in our system."
Ms Lavender noted that over time stress will start to manifest in emotional imbalance, bad behaviour or disease in the body, which is why many of us tend to overreact to little things when we feel stressed.
"Meditation changes all this by giving us a daily release valve. By de-exciting the system we can allow the body to heal and the deep stresses and fatigue to dissolve smoothly without us having to involve others in the process," she added.
Using quality Yoga mats, you could try meditating for 20 minutes a day - or whenever you feel particularly stressed - by finding a quiet place, closing your eyes and concentrating on your breathing.
Research from the University of California, San Francisco found that schoolteachers who completed a short, intensive meditation programme felt less depressed, anxious and stressed, and more compassionate and aware of other people’s feelings as a result.
Lead author Margaret Kemeny commented: “The findings suggest that increased awareness of mental processes can influence emotional behaviour. The study is particularly important because opportunities for reflection and contemplation seem to be fading in our fast-paced, technology-driven culture.”
Posted by Sam Wallace
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Vickie, This is only if you're making your own carrot oil. You do not need to do that with our carrot oil. Hope this helps :)
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello Offor, Thank you for your message. Yes, that's fine. It will make a great moisturising and nourishing body butter. Hope this helps :)
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Tope, Thank you for your message. Carrot oil lightens the dark spots and helps to heal the scars. It is effective for numerous skin issues: psoriasis, eczema, itching... You can combine it with other essential oils, for example, Rosemary, lemon, lavender, lime, orange, bergamot, etc. Carrot seed oil is great for skin lightening itself, it is very effective. However, you can also always mix carrot seed oil with a cold-pressed carrier oil like sweet almond oil or coconut oil. Hope this helps. :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenWonderful information
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi,I saw a post where it is required to sun dry your grated carrot oil in order to remove moisture,Is this advisable?
- Carrot Oil for Face Please is it advisable to mix the carrot oil, Shea butter and coconut oil together for the skin