Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Miranda Kerr advocates Yoga after giving birth
Supermodel Miranda Kerr has spoken out about her love for Yoga products and how a strict fitness regime helped her stay in top shape after giving birth.
The 28-year-old, who is married to Pirates of the Caribbean actor Orlando Bloom, said a combination of Yoga, Pilates, strength training and light weights helped her lose weight and return to her optimum size after having her son Flynn.
"I choose activities that I enjoy, it helps if you actually look forward to whatever form of exercise works for you," she said.
Speaking to the Sydney Morning Herald, Miranda explained that as well as maintaining a good fitness regime to keep her body in shape, she also makes sure that she eats a healthy and balanced diet.
"I love food and enjoy eating fresh organic fruit and vegetables but, having said that, life is about having fun and everything in moderation is best," she said.
Miranda explained that she follows the Dr Adamo Blood Type diet and eats small portions of pasture-raised meat, organic chicken and fish caught fresh from the ocean.
If she wants to indulge herself with a treat, she said she will typically opt for dark chocolate.
The model also said recently that she’s a big fan of coconut oil and won’t go a day without drizzling it on her salads or stirring it into tea.
The oil is known for its ability to reduce cholesterol levels, boost immunity, aid digestion and increase metabolism.
Miranda’s decision to live healthily is not only inspired by her desire to maintain her enviable figure, but also by her need to make nutritious breast milk for her son.
When it comes to skin care and beauty items, Miranda prefers to use organic beauty products in order to maintain an understated and stripped down look.
"I love the creativity aspect of hair and make-up when I am working but in my day-to-day life I prefer to look understated and as natural as possible," she said.
The working mother said she has tried and tested organic skin care products from all over the world in her quest to find the right product that is ideal for her particular skin type.
Posted by Freya Harper
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you Emiliano for your comment. In this blog we are referring more to oils, more so than butters and while we agree with you Shea is an excellent emollient for hair, it's consistency is more buttery and it is used more as a leave-in remedy to smooth hair texture. We have suggested Coconut oil as it helps slow down hair loss by penetrating deep into your hair shaft to prevent protein loss, which in turn prevents breakage. When applied to your scalp, it simultaneously moisturises and removes build-up around your hair follicles to encourage hair growth and is one of base oils always used in Ayurveda for hair treatments. As this post is more focused for hair and not for skin, the comedogenic scale applies to skin/pores and not hair follicles. Thank you again for your feedback.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Hello Zu, yes hair loss can be very stressful and this in turn amplifies the cause almost.. Perhaps with Covid, your system may have been depleted of nutrients and fighting the virus can take its toll on your immune system, so sometimes our hair and skin suffer when we have been ill. We really believe in oils for scalp massage as the best way to revive the growth and help regenerate the follicles. It may be also worth at looking at internal supplements and making sure you are getting enough of omega oils, perhaps plant based such as nuts and seeds in your diet. For external oil treatment, would recommend the Really Good Hair oil which we create with Brahmi, this herb is known to help bring the scalp back to health and improve growth. Biotin is also a good vitamin to take as a supplement to help with hair growth so do look into that. So hope these tips will be helpful for you.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?I, am very surprised that your article did not include Organic Shea Butter and that coconut oil, is your number one choice for hair growth and thickness. According to the comedogenic scale, coconut oil, has a rating of (4), on a scale from (0), to (5), on clogging your pores. Why would anyone put coconut oil, on their hair or skin knowing the pores will get clogged up. Shea Butter, on the other hand has a (0), rating on the comedogenic scale, which is great for dry hair and skin and won't clog up your pores.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks