Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Miranda Kerr doesn’t go a day without coconut oil
Her slim figure, glossy locks and flawless skin are the envy of women everywhere, and now Miranda Kerr has revealed the secret behind her beauty.
The model and mum, who is married to actor Orlando Bloom, said she is a big fan of coconut oil and will not go a day without the health and beauty must-have.
"I personally take four tablespoons per day, either on my salads, in my cooking or in cups of green tea," she stated.
Coconut oil is renowned for its health and beauty benefits, both on the inside and on the outside.
Used internally, like Miranda, it can help to lower cholesterol levels, boost immunity, aid digestion and increase metabolism.
It can be used as a cooking oil or drizzled on foods before eating. It can also be mixed with fresh fruit juice for a tasty health drink.
Miranda claims to take four tablespoons of the oil. However, the optimal recommended for an adult is between two and three.
Externally, it can be an excellent natural anti-aging moisturiser and an increasingly effective conditioner for the hair.
If Miranda uses her coconut oil on her locks, it would certainly explain why they're so shiny and healthy.
It can in fact be used all over the body, deeply nourishing the skin and helping to combat conditions such as eczema.
Actress Elsa Pataky is a fan of Fushi's organic extra virgin cold pressed coconut oil, insisting it smells "amazing" when used on her skin.
According to the Daily Mail newspaper, sales of coconut oil products have increased by around 50 per cent thanks to Miranda's recommendation.
So what are you waiting for? Snap up your bottle now and make it part of your everyday health and beauty regime.
Posted by Matilda Jones
- Coconut Organic Oil Virgin Fresh-Pressed50% OFFAs low as £3.00 Regular Price £6.00
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you Emiliano for your comment. In this blog we are referring more to oils, more so than butters and while we agree with you Shea is an excellent emollient for hair, it's consistency is more buttery and it is used more as a leave-in remedy to smooth hair texture. We have suggested Coconut oil as it helps slow down hair loss by penetrating deep into your hair shaft to prevent protein loss, which in turn prevents breakage. When applied to your scalp, it simultaneously moisturises and removes build-up around your hair follicles to encourage hair growth and is one of base oils always used in Ayurveda for hair treatments. As this post is more focused for hair and not for skin, the comedogenic scale applies to skin/pores and not hair follicles. Thank you again for your feedback.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Hello Zu, yes hair loss can be very stressful and this in turn amplifies the cause almost.. Perhaps with Covid, your system may have been depleted of nutrients and fighting the virus can take its toll on your immune system, so sometimes our hair and skin suffer when we have been ill. We really believe in oils for scalp massage as the best way to revive the growth and help regenerate the follicles. It may be also worth at looking at internal supplements and making sure you are getting enough of omega oils, perhaps plant based such as nuts and seeds in your diet. For external oil treatment, would recommend the Really Good Hair oil which we create with Brahmi, this herb is known to help bring the scalp back to health and improve growth. Biotin is also a good vitamin to take as a supplement to help with hair growth so do look into that. So hope these tips will be helpful for you.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?I, am very surprised that your article did not include Organic Shea Butter and that coconut oil, is your number one choice for hair growth and thickness. According to the comedogenic scale, coconut oil, has a rating of (4), on a scale from (0), to (5), on clogging your pores. Why would anyone put coconut oil, on their hair or skin knowing the pores will get clogged up. Shea Butter, on the other hand has a (0), rating on the comedogenic scale, which is great for dry hair and skin and won't clog up your pores.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks