Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Miranda Kerr doesn’t go a day without coconut oil
Her slim figure, glossy locks and flawless skin are the envy of women everywhere, and now Miranda Kerr has revealed the secret behind her beauty.
The model and mum, who is married to actor Orlando Bloom, said she is a big fan of coconut oil and will not go a day without the health and beauty must-have.
"I personally take four tablespoons per day, either on my salads, in my cooking or in cups of green tea," she stated.
Coconut oil is renowned for its health and beauty benefits, both on the inside and on the outside.
Used internally, like Miranda, it can help to lower cholesterol levels, boost immunity, aid digestion and increase metabolism.
It can be used as a cooking oil or drizzled on foods before eating. It can also be mixed with fresh fruit juice for a tasty health drink.
Miranda claims to take four tablespoons of the oil. However, the optimal recommended for an adult is between two and three.
Externally, it can be an excellent natural anti-aging moisturiser and an increasingly effective conditioner for the hair.
If Miranda uses her coconut oil on her locks, it would certainly explain why they're so shiny and healthy.
It can in fact be used all over the body, deeply nourishing the skin and helping to combat conditions such as eczema.
Actress Elsa Pataky is a fan of Fushi's organic extra virgin cold pressed coconut oil, insisting it smells "amazing" when used on her skin.
According to the Daily Mail newspaper, sales of coconut oil products have increased by around 50 per cent thanks to Miranda's recommendation.
So what are you waiting for? Snap up your bottle now and make it part of your everyday health and beauty regime.
Posted by Matilda Jones
- Coconut Organic Oil Virgin Fresh-PressedAs low as £6.00 Regular Price £6.00
- Carrot Oil for Face Which essential oil is best mix with carrot oil for face and body
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Praise, Carrot oil, which is a carrier oil does have a slight ability to protect skin from the sun. However, it does not clear sunburn from your face or any of the oils you have mentioned. Coconut oil, Aloe Vera or Calendula oil might help. You can also apply essential oils that help sooth sun burn with either jojoba oil or sweet almond oil. The best essential oils for this would be lavender or peppermint. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Please, can I mix tumeric oil, carrot oil, jojoba oil and sweet almond to clear sunburn on my face
- Shatavari benefits for WomenHi D, indeed there is conflicting information on whether Shatavari can be taken during pregnancy or not. Some studies showed that Shatavari can affect milk supply during lactation, and that Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus) has possible teratogenicity so it should be avoided in pregnancy. Other studies showed that Shatavari is an ingredient in most herbal teas which are recommended to be taken during pregnancy and breastfeeding. I would recommend that you consult your GP or a qualified herbalist who deals with pregnant women before taking anything, in case you are already taking some supplements/ drugs or herbs to help with your pregnancy.
- Shatavari benefits for WomenHi, there's conflicting information whether this can still be taking during pregnancy. What do you suggest as I use your brand and trying to conceive?
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Dear Fatima, thank you for your message. For your type of skin Almond oil is ok -- its comedogenic level is 2 out of 5, it means it's not going to clog your pores. If you are looking for something even lower on that scale, you should go for Argan, Rosehip, Grapeseed, Hemp -oil which are 0-1. I hope this helps.