Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Model Olivia Inge uses rosehip oil to boost skin hydration
Posted by Laura Andrews, Skin Care and Holistic Lifestyle Expert
Rosehip oil is one of the few natural beauty products model Olivia Inge trusts to keep her skin hydrated, according to InStyle. In an interview with the magazine, Olivia, who has been storming the catwalk since the mid-1990s, said she is always willing to try out new types of products, "but one that I always choose is a soothing, protective moisturiser with rosehip oil".
"My skin type is ’thirsty’ and this combination seems to sort it right out. I do a face mask once a week which leaves my skin as soft as a baby’s bottom. I also use a cleanser in the shower every morning. Good walks in the country and good company all help enormously for tip top skin," she explained.
Do your research
However, women should be aware that some much-hyped products may not bring the benefits they claim to have. "Do your research before aligning yourself to a product … There are many products out there that do not do what they proclaim, it drives me mad that these people prey on our insecurities all in the name of profit margins," Olivia added.
Meanwhile, FemaleFirst also recommends using rosehip oil this autumn to improve the complexion and get skin looking fresh and ready to face the elements. The website believes the oil is "one of the best ways to fight off any wear and tear" because of its moisturising, rejuvenating and repairing qualities. It can be used equally as effectively on young and mature skin, soothe chapped and cracked skin and even make a difference to scarred skin.
Rosehips contain fatty acids, which are essential for promoting healthy cells and building protective layers under the skin. They also boast bioflavonoids; powerful antioxidants that can defend skin against signs of ageing, the news source added.
Add rosehip oil to your skin regime
Fushi’s Rosehip Oil acts as a great moisturiser, with essential fatty acids including Omega 3 and Omega 6 combining to leave your skin soft and revitalised. Discover our top tips for choosing the best rosehip oil for guidance on the factors to take in to consideration when looking for a dry skin solution.
- Coconut Organic Oil Virgin Fresh-Pressed50% OFFAs low as £3.00 Regular Price £6.00
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you Emiliano for your comment. In this blog we are referring more to oils, more so than butters and while we agree with you Shea is an excellent emollient for hair, it's consistency is more buttery and it is used more as a leave-in remedy to smooth hair texture. We have suggested Coconut oil as it helps slow down hair loss by penetrating deep into your hair shaft to prevent protein loss, which in turn prevents breakage. When applied to your scalp, it simultaneously moisturises and removes build-up around your hair follicles to encourage hair growth and is one of base oils always used in Ayurveda for hair treatments. As this post is more focused for hair and not for skin, the comedogenic scale applies to skin/pores and not hair follicles. Thank you again for your feedback.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Hello Zu, yes hair loss can be very stressful and this in turn amplifies the cause almost.. Perhaps with Covid, your system may have been depleted of nutrients and fighting the virus can take its toll on your immune system, so sometimes our hair and skin suffer when we have been ill. We really believe in oils for scalp massage as the best way to revive the growth and help regenerate the follicles. It may be also worth at looking at internal supplements and making sure you are getting enough of omega oils, perhaps plant based such as nuts and seeds in your diet. For external oil treatment, would recommend the Really Good Hair oil which we create with Brahmi, this herb is known to help bring the scalp back to health and improve growth. Biotin is also a good vitamin to take as a supplement to help with hair growth so do look into that. So hope these tips will be helpful for you.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?I, am very surprised that your article did not include Organic Shea Butter and that coconut oil, is your number one choice for hair growth and thickness. According to the comedogenic scale, coconut oil, has a rating of (4), on a scale from (0), to (5), on clogging your pores. Why would anyone put coconut oil, on their hair or skin knowing the pores will get clogged up. Shea Butter, on the other hand has a (0), rating on the comedogenic scale, which is great for dry hair and skin and won't clog up your pores.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks