Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Natural beauty products could lead to healthy lifestyles
Women who use natural beauty products may be more likely to maintain an overall healthy lifestyle, new research suggests.
According to US surgeon general Regina Benjamin, women who rely on potentially harmful hair care treatments such the use of hair straighteners are less likely to stay fit through exercise compared to those who have low maintenance regimes.
Dr Benjamin pointed out that those who spend hours tending to their hair are also less likely to want to take part in physical activity for fear that it will ruin their hairstyles.
"Often you get women saying, 'I can't exercise today because I don't want to sweat my hair back or get my hair wet'," she said.
"When you're starting to exercise, you look for reasons not to, and sometimes the hair is one of those reasons. I hate to use the word excuse, but that's one of them."
Many women believe moisture and motion can undo all the hard work, time and money they have put into their hair, so they simply forgo maintaining an active and healthy lifestyle.
However, women were urged to consider opting for other forms of exercise that enable them to work out their muscles and improve their overall wellbeing without compromising their hairstyles.
Dr Emma Williams of the British Nutrition Foundation pointed out that carrying out simple household chores or going for a brisk walk can be effective forms of exercise that won't make women feel hot and flustered.
Also, using organic shampoo and other natural hair care products will enable women to maintain a healthy hairstyle that is suitable for all types of exercise, while a low maintenance style will save time afterwards.
A recent study published in the Environmental Health Perspective journal found that some chemicals found in shampoos have been linked to behavioral problems and an increased risk of mental and psychomotor problems among children.
Posted by Laura Andrews
- Coconut Organic Oil Virgin Fresh-PressedAs low as £6.00 Regular Price £6.00
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy