Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Natural beauty products ’reduce exposure to chemicals’
Using natural beauty products could help reduce the number of chemicals women introduce to their skin every day.
This is the opinion of Amanda McGillivray, who runs an organic beauty products business and believes females should read the list of ingredients on the product packaging before making their purchase.
"If the list contains a long string of chemical-sounding names then the chances are that the product contains an array of unhealthy chemical ingredients which have absolutely no bearing on the health of the skin, and are added for commercial reasons - usually to make the product cheaper to produce," she explained.
"Try to opt for products with natural and organic ingredients, including herbal extracts, vitamins and essential oils, and look out for these food-type ingredients near the top of the ingredients list."
Ms McGillivray’s comments came after research from Vaseline found each year, female consumers waste £964 million on skin care products that they then don’t use.
Three-quarters of these products are left gathering dust on bathroom shelves as women tend to stick to two beauty items that they have tried and tested out of a typical eight that they own.
Despite this, females appear to want to hang on to their unused products, with 14 per cent of respondents admitting to hoarding items over three years old.
But even if they know the importance of looking after their skin as part of a healthy living exercise, separate research shows over half (51 per cent) of British customers ignore the advice and shun fruit and veg.
A poll by fruit delivery company Fruitdrop revealed that one in two people do not eat five portions of fresh produce every day, while 20 per cent said following a healthy diet is too expensive.
Posted by Laura Andrews
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy