Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Natural beauty secrets of the supermodels
Glossy hair, long limbs and impossibly fresh faces that never belie the stress of international travel, photoshoots and remembering to eat well - just how do supermodels stay looking so beautiful?
Luckily for us mere mortals, some of them have spilled the beans on how to get their glowing skin, telling Elle.com how they keep their complexions clear of any blemishes.
Canadian model Anais Pouliot said she uses organic beauty products that contain plant extracts to keep her skin in check. "I try to use more natural products on my face," she explained. "I like argan oil-when you put it on before you go to bed, you wake up with baby skin. Really soft baby skin."
Fellow model Karolina Kurkova is also a fan of herbal oils. "For removing my mascara, I like using coconut oil," she said. "[I use] things that are organic and natural for the skin, and won’t just sit on it. Having great skin also has a lot to do with what you eat-if you eat junk, it’s going to show."
Zimbabwean-born beauty Nyasha Matonhodze reckons the less you put on your face, the better - especially when it comes to makeup.
"My face tends to break out due to all the makeup during fashion season so I make sure to always wash it before I go to bed. And then I just apply cocoa butter - it smells absolutely amazing and it’s not too harsh on the skin."
Other models rely on keeping hydrated to keep their complexion looking clear, with Josephine Skriver noticing that her skin can look dull and grey if she doesn’t drink enough water. Daphne Groeneveld pointed out the importance of sleep, saying that getting enough quality rest at night is key to her gleaming face.
Posted by Laura Andrews
- Coconut Organic Oil Virgin Fresh-PressedAs low as £6.00 Regular Price £6.00
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello Anoni, Ashwagandha is a stress reliever and controls the production of stress-inducing hormones. High production of cortisol can compromise the production of progesterone. When Ashwagandha controls cortisol, it automatically stabilises progesterone production levels. Hope this helps :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello, As Ashwagandha is an adaptogen, there are numerous ways that it can help you depending on what time of day it is. Most people like to use Ashwagandha in the morning as it has some benefits when it comes to naturally reducing anxiety which could help throughout the day. However, others take it at night to help with sleep. If you are having difficulty sleeping, take it before bed. Otherwise, it does not matter at what time of day you take it as long as you are consistent from day to day.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDoes it help increase Progesterone in women?
- Carrot Oil for Face is mixing of avocado oil with carrot oil, neem oil and orange oil a perfect combination for a dark skin person moroever based on my research I found out that these are non comedogenic oil
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenI have your Ashwagandha capsules it says to take two a day is that two at night or one in the morning and one in the evening?
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHi Debbie, There is 340 mg of herb per capsule in our Ashwagandha. We usually recommend 2 capsules a day which are equivalent to 680mg. It is possible to take up to 1200mg daily, but only over short periods, so we prefer to stay well within the limits of safety, while still dosing enough to see the benefits. We always recommend to discuss taking the supplement with your GP before hand if you'd like to increase dosages. I hope this helps :)