Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Natural skin exfoliants to try at home
Exfoliation is something most people do all year round, but come summer it’s time to step it up.
From dry skin to chapped feet, exfoliation is really important to get rid of dead skin cells, revealing the younger skin cells underneath and leaving you feeling revitalised and healthy.
As well as natural beauty products there are plenty of ingredients at home that make great exfoliators.
Used a few times a week you can hope to unclog pores, remove ingrown hairs all without resorting to using harsh chemicals.
Sea salt is one of the most powerful natural exfoliants and is inexpensive and easy to get a hold of. Mixed with a little warm water it can make a super simple facial scrub, brilliant for opening up the pores.
Exfoliants are usually fairly coarse, but oats offer a more gentle way to scrub away dead layers of skin.
You can ground it down to create a fine scrub or apply the whole oats to your face, mixed with a little natural yogurt and honey. It may sound like a meal - but when used to wash the face it helps remove old skin, while also healing and adding in a little moisture - leaving you feeling truly refreshed.
These can be easily located and should be ground down into a paste with a tiny bit of water, perhaps with a spoonful of olive oil, honey, apple juice and yoghurt.
Ground coffee is an excellent natural exfoliant whether it is fresh or dried and even boasts antibacterial properties, leaving skin not only refreshed but beautifully clean.
Almonds help exfoliate the top layer of coarse skin, as well as supplying natural oils to help supplement and nourish the skin.
They contain a high concentration of vitamin E and can soften the skin without leaving it feeling greasy.
To create the best natural exfoliator grind the almonds in a blend with a moist ingredient, allowing it to spread better on the body.
By using these natural exfoliators a few times a week you can hope to unclog pores and remove ingrown hairs, all without resorting to using harsh chemicals.
Posted by Laura Andrews
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy