Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Natural skincare produces better long-term results
It’s true that some people are put off organic beauty products because they don’t believe they will have the same results as some of the so-called miracle creams they see advertised on television.
But not only can the chemical nasties in these products be detrimental to your health, as well as the environment, it’s doubtful whether any of them actually do what they say on the tin.
As make-up artist and skincare specialist Sophie Chamings explained, skincare has become so complicated, with "a million products or a million different things" and all promising instant fixes.
"For me, nature simplifies the complex web and produces just as good, if not better results," she remarked.
"Generally, I believe that natural ingredients work in harmony, not just with the skin, but also with the mind, body and soul."
She added: "Natural ingredients are gentle but extremely powerful and finding the right natural product for someone is like magic.
"Whereas synthetically-made products often have wonderful effects short-term, long-term I see many clients whose skin looks dull, dry and tired as a result of continuous use."
But Ms Chamings urged caution when buying natural beauty products, as there are plenty on the market that claim to be green and organic but are not.
Fushi’s organic shampoos, facial skincare products, body care items and nutritional supplements are 100 per cent natural and contain no pesticides, hard detergents or chemicals.
They are also sustainably and fairly sourced, while many are certified organic by the Soil Association, so you can be confident that you are doing your but for the environment as well.
The Soil Association is responsible for certifying more than 80 per cent of all organic products sold in the UK, so look out for the symbol when you buy.
Posted by Sam Wallace
- Wholefood Beauty Totale for Skin Hair Nails and UV protectionAs low as £16.00
- Skin, Hair & Nails Herbal Tincture Blend 100ml30% OFFAs low as £14.00 Regular Price £20.00
- De-stress Skullcap & Lemon Balm Herbal Tincture Blend 100ml30% OFFAs low as £14.00 Regular Price £20.00
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello. Technically Ashwagandha should not have interactions with Hormone Replacement Therapy as it works on the body's stress response. That said, we always recommend people taking any medication to double check any interactions with their practitioner. Take care. :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHi, if I'm on hormone replacement therapy (estrogen and progesterone), can I also take this for menopause symptoms, stress, and brain fog issues associated with menopause?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyHi Fred, Unfortunately, I am unable to advise on this since you are taking medication. Herbal remedies can interact with other drugs. You should approach any kind of supplement or medication with equal caution (prescription and non-prescription). It is best to seek advice from your GP.
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyIs it safe to take 500mg Ashwaganda once a day whilst taking fluoxetine 20mg Once a day?
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Mercy, yes Carrot oil is usually made using carrot fruit infused in almond oil :) The oil should be stored in a cool, dark place to maintain the maximum shelf life. You can also store it in the refrigerator. It Will keep for 6-8 months if stored properly.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi, I made carrot oil from almond oil and carrot fruit, is it good? And how do I keep it to avoid spoilage