Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Natural skincare produces better long-term results
It’s true that some people are put off organic beauty products because they don’t believe they will have the same results as some of the so-called miracle creams they see advertised on television.
But not only can the chemical nasties in these products be detrimental to your health, as well as the environment, it’s doubtful whether any of them actually do what they say on the tin.
As make-up artist and skincare specialist Sophie Chamings explained, skincare has become so complicated, with "a million products or a million different things" and all promising instant fixes.
"For me, nature simplifies the complex web and produces just as good, if not better results," she remarked.
"Generally, I believe that natural ingredients work in harmony, not just with the skin, but also with the mind, body and soul."
She added: "Natural ingredients are gentle but extremely powerful and finding the right natural product for someone is like magic.
"Whereas synthetically-made products often have wonderful effects short-term, long-term I see many clients whose skin looks dull, dry and tired as a result of continuous use."
But Ms Chamings urged caution when buying natural beauty products, as there are plenty on the market that claim to be green and organic but are not.
Fushi’s organic shampoos, facial skincare products, body care items and nutritional supplements are 100 per cent natural and contain no pesticides, hard detergents or chemicals.
They are also sustainably and fairly sourced, while many are certified organic by the Soil Association, so you can be confident that you are doing your but for the environment as well.
The Soil Association is responsible for certifying more than 80 per cent of all organic products sold in the UK, so look out for the symbol when you buy.
Posted by Sam Wallace
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello Dia, Thank you for your comment. Research is confusing when it comes to testosterone levels with PCOS and using Ashwagandha. As it is an adaptogenic herb, it will 'adapt' to the environment of the body to support hormonal balance. A huge therapeutic benefit of Ashwagandha is its ability to balance cortisol levels, which could improve stress and symptoms of PCOS also. If you are currently using any medications or under medical supervision, please seek advice from your practitioner to ensure there are no interactions. I hope this helps :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs ashwagandha is good to be taken to increase height who have testosterone level high along with pcod ?
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHi Simie, thank you for your message. Ashwagandha is safe to be taken alongside other supplements including Vitamin E and Calcium. We would advise you check with your GP for interactions with estrogen medications for menopause as there are different variations of these medications. I hope this helps :)