Cookies on fushi.co.uk
New Yoga equipment necessary for AntiGravity craze
A type of Yoga class is bringing in different Yoga equipment so that attendees can defy gravity and move their muscles without risk of strain.
AntiGravity Yoga has become popular in the UK, US and New Zealand in recent years because its devotees say being suspended from the ground in silk cocoons makes them feel light and more able to ease compressed joints.
According to the Associated Press, Broadway aerial choreographer Christopher Harrison started the craze in 1999 by hanging a silk hammock from the ceiling that could be used as a swing or trapeze.
''Let's take it up into the air,'' he reportedly said the first time he hung the material from the ceiling. ''Thus the silk hammock was born.''
Those who take part in AntiGravity Yoga sessions can sit inside the material and stretch out their legs, using their feet wrapped around the hammock for support.
They then turn upside down and can master traditional Yoga poses, along with positions from dance, gymnastics, Pilates and aerial arts, from inside their cocoon.
AntiGravity Yoga has already attracted some famous followers, including reality TV star Ollie Locke of E4's Made in Chelsea, who paid for Yoga master trainers Laura Armada Buch and Vanessa McCowen to fly from Drogheda to London to teach a private class to him and some close friends recently.
The Drogheda Independent reported that Ms Armada Buch discovered the new version of Yoga while she was in New York in 2008. She was offered the master license for Ireland and the UK a short while after.
Footage from Ollie's private AntiGravity Yoga session is set to appear in the next instalment of the show, which airs on Monday October 31st at 10pm.
Posted by Freya Harper
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy