Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Nine in ten adults have suffered sunburn
Despite continual warnings about the effects of sun damage, it seems many UK adults are still not taking as much care of their skin as they should.
According to a new survey carried out by YouGov on behalf of Cancer Research UK, the vast majority of the country's population are aware that getting sunburnt increases their risk of developing skin cancer.
However, nine in ten people admit to having suffered sunburn, with almost half of these having experienced pain as a result.
The survey also showed that a fifth of adults don't plan for the weather when they're out and about, so often get caught out by the sun.
And it seems men are worse than women when it comes to remembering sun protection, with over 50 per cent more men than women forgetting to slap it on.
They're also more likely to use a low factor sun cream when they do remember to apply it. Less than half of men said they use at least a factor 15 lotion, compared to two thirds of women.
Perhaps women are more concerned about the impact of sun damage on their appearance, as it's well known that as well as upping the risk of skin cancer, it can also lead to premature aging.
Caroline Cerny, SunSmart campaign manager at Cancer Research UK, said: "There's a big gap between what people know and how they behave in the sun.
"People know that getting sunburn can increase the risk of skin cancer but many don't bother to protect their skin from burning."
Sara Hiom, director of health information at the charity, added: "Whether at home or abroad, people should think how to use shade, clothing and sunscreen, applied generously and regularly, to protect themselves."
Regularly applying a high factor sun cream is essential if you're out in the sun, but you can also rely on herbal supplements to boost your skin's protection.
Fushi's Total Sun Complex contains Vitamin C, Vitamin E and other key ingredients, such as evening primrose oil, to protect skin from the inside out, boosting the power of external sunscreens.
If you do suffer sunburn organic aloe vera juice can be used to gently soothe the skin.
Posted by Laura Andrews
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy