Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Nutritional supplements’ ideal for expectant mums’
Expectant mothers have been urged to incorporate nutritional supplements into their diets in order to safeguard their health and that of their unborn child.
According to Peter Clough, technical director at Efamol, the key steps pregnant women should take to stay healthy and aid their child’s development are to eat a healthy and balanced diet full of all the necessary nutrients and supplement where necessary.
He pointed out that mothers that take the right nutritional supplements are likely to give birth to healthier babies that have better mental and physical development and lower incidences of allergies.
Taking supplements such as Omega-3 during pregnancy helps to improve the health of mothers themselves, and has been linked to a lower likelihood of post-natal depression.
"Fish oil supplements provide the omega-3 fatty acids, and particularly DHA, which is lacking in today’s western diets," Mr Clough said.
"Many well conducted trials have demonstrated that increasing intake of these nutrients in pregnancy can have major benefits for both the mother and baby."
Women were also advised to remove all harmful substances from their diets as soon as they are about to start trying to conceive a child.
"Stop smoking, ideally as soon as you start planning to have a baby, significantly reduce or cut out altogether alcohol, and eat a healthy balanced diet supplementing where necessary to get some of the important nutrients you may be lacking," Mr Clough said.
There are a wide range of nutritional supplements women can take to maintain optimum health throughout their pregnancy, including Fushi’s Total Pregnancy Complex, which contains all the important micronutrients both mother and child need.
The supplement also comes with a range of other compounds that have maximum health benefits during pregnancy, including phytonutrients and amino acids, which have been proven to keep mothers and babies in excellent pre and post-natal health.
Posted by Matilda Jones
- Coconut Organic Oil Virgin Fresh-PressedAs low as £6.00 Regular Price £6.00
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHi Simie, thank you for your message. Ashwagandha is safe to be taken alongside other supplements including Vitamin E and Calcium. We would advise you check with your GP for interactions with estrogen medications for menopause as there are different variations of these medications. I hope this helps :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenCan I take Ashwaganda with other supplements such as vit E, calcium and also estrogen for menopause?
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Kianouche, Thank you for your message. I would recommend to mix pomegranate oil with Marula oil for what you are looking to treat. A few drops of antioxidant-rich Marula oil mixed with Pomegranate oil can boost efficacy and help restore your skin’s functions in perfect equilibrium. Long term use may visibly minimise pores, brighten the skin, protect it from the oxidative damage caused by pollution, tones down pigmentation and assists with scar tissue healing. Hope this helps :)
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi I’ve bought some of your pomegranate oil, together with rosehip and marula oils. Which of the other two oils would be better to mix with pomegranate oil for mature skin with hyperpigmentation due to sun damage and sometimes prone to spots and milia when using rich moisturisers. Also, can I use pomegranate oil by itself or combined with either of the other two oils around my eyes
- Flaxseed oil: the homeopathic healerHi Genevive, Thank you for your comment. Homeopathic medicine refers to an alternative approach to medicine that uses natural substances that can be prepared to create a remedy to restore our health and feeling of vitality. Flaxseeds are a natural product that we have pressed organically to produce Flaxseed oil that we celebrate for its powerful healing qualities. I hope that helps!
- Flaxseed oil: the homeopathic healerHow, exactly, is this product homeopathic?