Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Nutritional supplements’ ideal for expectant mums’
Expectant mothers have been urged to incorporate nutritional supplements into their diets in order to safeguard their health and that of their unborn child.
According to Peter Clough, technical director at Efamol, the key steps pregnant women should take to stay healthy and aid their child’s development are to eat a healthy and balanced diet full of all the necessary nutrients and supplement where necessary.
He pointed out that mothers that take the right nutritional supplements are likely to give birth to healthier babies that have better mental and physical development and lower incidences of allergies.
Taking supplements such as Omega-3 during pregnancy helps to improve the health of mothers themselves, and has been linked to a lower likelihood of post-natal depression.
"Fish oil supplements provide the omega-3 fatty acids, and particularly DHA, which is lacking in today’s western diets," Mr Clough said.
"Many well conducted trials have demonstrated that increasing intake of these nutrients in pregnancy can have major benefits for both the mother and baby."
Women were also advised to remove all harmful substances from their diets as soon as they are about to start trying to conceive a child.
"Stop smoking, ideally as soon as you start planning to have a baby, significantly reduce or cut out altogether alcohol, and eat a healthy balanced diet supplementing where necessary to get some of the important nutrients you may be lacking," Mr Clough said.
There are a wide range of nutritional supplements women can take to maintain optimum health throughout their pregnancy, including Fushi’s Total Pregnancy Complex, which contains all the important micronutrients both mother and child need.
The supplement also comes with a range of other compounds that have maximum health benefits during pregnancy, including phytonutrients and amino acids, which have been proven to keep mothers and babies in excellent pre and post-natal health.
Posted by Matilda Jones
- Coconut Organic Oil Virgin Fresh-Pressed50% OFFAs low as £3.00 Regular Price £6.00
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.