Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Over-50s can improve their health through Yoga
Older people who haven’t got time in their busy lives to devise and stick to a full-on exercise regime could simply invest in some Yoga equipment and head to a weekly session to improve their health and fitness.
Charlotte Watts, nutritional therapist, Yoga instructor and co-author of the De-Stress Diet, explained that the exercise is "absolutely fantastic" for people aged over 50.
"If you have the right teacher it can be really modified to all different body types and all different levels of flexibility, and one of the things that is supposed to be a big benchmark of keeping and holding onto youth is posture and it is one of the most important things," she pointed out.
"Good circulation, breathing, detoxification - all the things that are naturally anti-aging - Yoga is particularly good for that."
By stretching out on Manduka Yoga mats, individuals can also let go of their worries for a few minutes every day, helping them feel calmer and more relaxed afterwards.
Ms Watts noted that there is a prevailing attitude which defines time spent not ’doing something’ as worthless, but we should overcome this for the sake of our health.
"There is a very defined type of active rest where if we don’t give our bodies and our brains the requisite amount of time for rest, recovery, rejuvenation and restoration - we can’t keep our bodies in balance and we can’t keep our systems working optimally," she commented.
"This is really crucial because our metabolic rates and our ability to produce energy do decline as we get older."
The fitness expert added that quality of rest is even more important than quantity, so older people should get a good night’s sleep and find activities to do to keep them in a natural meditative state, such as Yoga, gardening, swimming, reading, painting or knitting.
Posted by Freya Harper
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Very informative blog. I liked it, as information shared is very detailed One. I really appreciate the effort taken for sharing & making knowledge available for everyone. It’s kind of help for well being of we human beings/ Body&Soul.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello Anoni, Ashwagandha is a stress reliever and controls the production of stress-inducing hormones. High production of cortisol can compromise the production of progesterone. When Ashwagandha controls cortisol, it automatically stabilises progesterone production levels. Hope this helps :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello, As Ashwagandha is an adaptogen, there are numerous ways that it can help you depending on what time of day it is. Most people like to use Ashwagandha in the morning as it has some benefits when it comes to naturally reducing anxiety which could help throughout the day. However, others take it at night to help with sleep. If you are having difficulty sleeping, take it before bed. Otherwise, it does not matter at what time of day you take it as long as you are consistent from day to day.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDoes it help increase Progesterone in women?
- Carrot Oil for Face is mixing of avocado oil with carrot oil, neem oil and orange oil a perfect combination for a dark skin person moroever based on my research I found out that these are non comedogenic oil
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenI have your Ashwagandha capsules it says to take two a day is that two at night or one in the morning and one in the evening?