Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Over-50s can improve their health through Yoga
Older people who haven’t got time in their busy lives to devise and stick to a full-on exercise regime could simply invest in some Yoga equipment and head to a weekly session to improve their health and fitness.
Charlotte Watts, nutritional therapist, Yoga instructor and co-author of the De-Stress Diet, explained that the exercise is "absolutely fantastic" for people aged over 50.
"If you have the right teacher it can be really modified to all different body types and all different levels of flexibility, and one of the things that is supposed to be a big benchmark of keeping and holding onto youth is posture and it is one of the most important things," she pointed out.
"Good circulation, breathing, detoxification - all the things that are naturally anti-aging - Yoga is particularly good for that."
By stretching out on Manduka Yoga mats, individuals can also let go of their worries for a few minutes every day, helping them feel calmer and more relaxed afterwards.
Ms Watts noted that there is a prevailing attitude which defines time spent not ’doing something’ as worthless, but we should overcome this for the sake of our health.
"There is a very defined type of active rest where if we don’t give our bodies and our brains the requisite amount of time for rest, recovery, rejuvenation and restoration - we can’t keep our bodies in balance and we can’t keep our systems working optimally," she commented.
"This is really crucial because our metabolic rates and our ability to produce energy do decline as we get older."
The fitness expert added that quality of rest is even more important than quantity, so older people should get a good night’s sleep and find activities to do to keep them in a natural meditative state, such as Yoga, gardening, swimming, reading, painting or knitting.
Posted by Freya Harper
- Carrot Oil for Face Thank you for your message. Cold pressed carrot oil protects and preserves the nutrients of the carrots. Since the cold press presses the produce to extract the oil, no heat is involved. ... You get 100% of the vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and nutrients when you apply cold pressed oil on your face. Frying grated carrots which involves heat and oil will remove some of those nutrients. Hope this helps.
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyVery well written article indeed. Thank you for elaborating on so many levels and aspects of it.
- Carrot Oil for Face hello there, must i used only cold-pressed carrot oil on my face? Does frying the grated carrots in coconut oil still maintain the nutrients necessary for the face?
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Dear Rose, Thank you for your message. You can mix equal amounts of Pomegranate seed oil and Rosehip oil.You can add 3-4 drops from each, mix and apply on your face. Hope this helps.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hello Fushi, could you Kindly advise exactly how many drops of oil should I use to mix to mix pomegranate and rosehip oil?
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Hello Asma, Thank you for your message. Being a carrier oil, Pomegranate oil is safe to apply on the skin without dilution. However, because of its richness it is often used at dilutions of approximately 5-15% in skincare formulations. Combining Rosehip oil and pomegranate oil will give you a deeply nourishing blend of particularly antioxidant- and vitamin rich oils. It may also support scars, wrinkles and premature ageing. Hope this helps.