Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Parents ’should use natural products on their babies’
Using natural beauty products is advisable whatever your age, according to The Ecologist.
Ruth Styles, green living editor at the environmental affairs magazine, explained that it is best for babies and young children to avoid excessive exposure to chemicals.
"The main reason for using organic baby products is that young children are more sensitive to the effects of chemicals than adults - natural chemicals as well - so it’s better to have as few as possible come into contact with their skin," she said.
This is because skin is porous, so products that are used all over the body - such as baby creams and bubble baths - are absorbed easily.
"Baby skin is up to five times thinner than that of adults, which means that it doesn’t present much of a barrier for toxins … [so] for many parents, it’s better to be safe than sorry," Ms Styles commented.
"Organic products also tend to be gentler, which is another reason to use them on small children. As a general rule, they’re much gentler on skin and don’t come loaded with pesticide residues, parabens, synthetics [and so on] - none of which you really want near your child."
Natural ingredients might also be useful when it comes to soothing aches and pains, as some herbal supplements might be able to fight migraines.
According to MSN Health, magnesium deficiency has been linked to severe headaches in a number of studies, and as our bodies cannot produce the mineral ourselves we have to find alternative sources.
Flax seed oil, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, quinoa and spinach are all good sources for magnesium, which helps relax nerves and muscles and so can work to prevent and reduce the severity of migraines.
Posted by Matilda Jones
- Lemon Balm Organic Tincture 100mlAs low as £11.00
- Wholefood Beauty Totale for Skin Hair Nails and UV protectionAs low as £16.00
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.