Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Parents ’should use natural products on their babies’
Using natural beauty products is advisable whatever your age, according to The Ecologist.
Ruth Styles, green living editor at the environmental affairs magazine, explained that it is best for babies and young children to avoid excessive exposure to chemicals.
"The main reason for using organic baby products is that young children are more sensitive to the effects of chemicals than adults - natural chemicals as well - so it’s better to have as few as possible come into contact with their skin," she said.
This is because skin is porous, so products that are used all over the body - such as baby creams and bubble baths - are absorbed easily.
"Baby skin is up to five times thinner than that of adults, which means that it doesn’t present much of a barrier for toxins … [so] for many parents, it’s better to be safe than sorry," Ms Styles commented.
"Organic products also tend to be gentler, which is another reason to use them on small children. As a general rule, they’re much gentler on skin and don’t come loaded with pesticide residues, parabens, synthetics [and so on] - none of which you really want near your child."
Natural ingredients might also be useful when it comes to soothing aches and pains, as some herbal supplements might be able to fight migraines.
According to MSN Health, magnesium deficiency has been linked to severe headaches in a number of studies, and as our bodies cannot produce the mineral ourselves we have to find alternative sources.
Flax seed oil, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, quinoa and spinach are all good sources for magnesium, which helps relax nerves and muscles and so can work to prevent and reduce the severity of migraines.
Posted by Matilda Jones
- Lemon Balm Organic Tincture 100mlAs low as £11.00
- Wholefood Beauty Totale for Skin Hair Nails and UV protectionAs low as £16.00
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Vickie, This is only if you're making your own carrot oil. You do not need to do that with our carrot oil. Hope this helps :)
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello Offor, Thank you for your message. Yes, that's fine. It will make a great moisturising and nourishing body butter. Hope this helps :)
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Tope, Thank you for your message. Carrot oil lightens the dark spots and helps to heal the scars. It is effective for numerous skin issues: psoriasis, eczema, itching... You can combine it with other essential oils, for example, Rosemary, lemon, lavender, lime, orange, bergamot, etc. Carrot seed oil is great for skin lightening itself, it is very effective. However, you can also always mix carrot seed oil with a cold-pressed carrier oil like sweet almond oil or coconut oil. Hope this helps. :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenWonderful information
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi,I saw a post where it is required to sun dry your grated carrot oil in order to remove moisture,Is this advisable?
- Carrot Oil for Face Please is it advisable to mix the carrot oil, Shea butter and coconut oil together for the skin