Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Pill containing nutritional supplements ’reduces wrinkles’
Healthy nutritional supplements are the key to maintaining healthy skin, hair and nails, and could be more effective an expensive "designer" drugs.
British scientists have developed a new pill containing a blend of food extracts that they believe attacks the genetic causes of ageing and could help women smooth out wrinkles and crow’s feet.
The capsule, which is supposed to be taken three times a day, is said to be able to reduce crow’s feet by up to a third and is thought to be the first treatment to work on the deepest layers of the skin.
Researchers have tested the pill on 480 women and found that it reduced heavy lines around their eyes by up to 30 per cent within 14 weeks.
But the pill simply includes nutritional supplements such as Vitamin C, Vitamin E, isoflavones from soya, lycopene from tomatoes and Omega-3 from fish oils.
Dr John Casey, who led the Unilever team that developed the pill, explained that it works by activating the genes which produce collagen and oestrogen and reducing wrinkles and sun damage in the deep levels of the skin called the dermis.
"We used ingredients which have been shown in the scientific literature and our own tests to combat the causes of skin ageing and kick-start old skin cells into behaving like young skin cells," he said.
"We spent five years testing the ingredients on hundreds of women and found this combination could reduce deep wrinkles within 14 weeks."
Of course rather than buying expensive drugs such as this new pill, women hoping to fight the signs of ageing could simply use natural supplements and a healthy balanced diet to boost their intake of the vitamins and nutrients it contains.
The findings of the study were published in New Scientist magazine and were presented by the Society for Investigative dermatology conference in Atlanta.
Posted by Matilda Jones
- Coconut Organic Oil Virgin Fresh-PressedAs low as £6.00 Regular Price £6.00
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Very informative blog. I liked it, as information shared is very detailed One. I really appreciate the effort taken for sharing & making knowledge available for everyone. It’s kind of help for well being of we human beings/ Body&Soul.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello Anoni, Ashwagandha is a stress reliever and controls the production of stress-inducing hormones. High production of cortisol can compromise the production of progesterone. When Ashwagandha controls cortisol, it automatically stabilises progesterone production levels. Hope this helps :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello, As Ashwagandha is an adaptogen, there are numerous ways that it can help you depending on what time of day it is. Most people like to use Ashwagandha in the morning as it has some benefits when it comes to naturally reducing anxiety which could help throughout the day. However, others take it at night to help with sleep. If you are having difficulty sleeping, take it before bed. Otherwise, it does not matter at what time of day you take it as long as you are consistent from day to day.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDoes it help increase Progesterone in women?
- Carrot Oil for Face is mixing of avocado oil with carrot oil, neem oil and orange oil a perfect combination for a dark skin person moroever based on my research I found out that these are non comedogenic oil
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenI have your Ashwagandha capsules it says to take two a day is that two at night or one in the morning and one in the evening?