Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Pill containing nutritional supplements ’reduces wrinkles’
Healthy nutritional supplements are the key to maintaining healthy skin, hair and nails, and could be more effective an expensive "designer" drugs.
British scientists have developed a new pill containing a blend of food extracts that they believe attacks the genetic causes of ageing and could help women smooth out wrinkles and crow’s feet.
The capsule, which is supposed to be taken three times a day, is said to be able to reduce crow’s feet by up to a third and is thought to be the first treatment to work on the deepest layers of the skin.
Researchers have tested the pill on 480 women and found that it reduced heavy lines around their eyes by up to 30 per cent within 14 weeks.
But the pill simply includes nutritional supplements such as Vitamin C, Vitamin E, isoflavones from soya, lycopene from tomatoes and Omega-3 from fish oils.
Dr John Casey, who led the Unilever team that developed the pill, explained that it works by activating the genes which produce collagen and oestrogen and reducing wrinkles and sun damage in the deep levels of the skin called the dermis.
"We used ingredients which have been shown in the scientific literature and our own tests to combat the causes of skin ageing and kick-start old skin cells into behaving like young skin cells," he said.
"We spent five years testing the ingredients on hundreds of women and found this combination could reduce deep wrinkles within 14 weeks."
Of course rather than buying expensive drugs such as this new pill, women hoping to fight the signs of ageing could simply use natural supplements and a healthy balanced diet to boost their intake of the vitamins and nutrients it contains.
The findings of the study were published in New Scientist magazine and were presented by the Society for Investigative dermatology conference in Atlanta.
Posted by Matilda Jones
- Coconut Organic Oil Virgin Fresh-Pressed50% OFFAs low as £3.00 Regular Price £6.00
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.