Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Pill containing nutritional supplements ’reduces wrinkles’
Healthy nutritional supplements are the key to maintaining healthy skin, hair and nails, and could be more effective an expensive "designer" drugs.
British scientists have developed a new pill containing a blend of food extracts that they believe attacks the genetic causes of ageing and could help women smooth out wrinkles and crow’s feet.
The capsule, which is supposed to be taken three times a day, is said to be able to reduce crow’s feet by up to a third and is thought to be the first treatment to work on the deepest layers of the skin.
Researchers have tested the pill on 480 women and found that it reduced heavy lines around their eyes by up to 30 per cent within 14 weeks.
But the pill simply includes nutritional supplements such as Vitamin C, Vitamin E, isoflavones from soya, lycopene from tomatoes and Omega-3 from fish oils.
Dr John Casey, who led the Unilever team that developed the pill, explained that it works by activating the genes which produce collagen and oestrogen and reducing wrinkles and sun damage in the deep levels of the skin called the dermis.
"We used ingredients which have been shown in the scientific literature and our own tests to combat the causes of skin ageing and kick-start old skin cells into behaving like young skin cells," he said.
"We spent five years testing the ingredients on hundreds of women and found this combination could reduce deep wrinkles within 14 weeks."
Of course rather than buying expensive drugs such as this new pill, women hoping to fight the signs of ageing could simply use natural supplements and a healthy balanced diet to boost their intake of the vitamins and nutrients it contains.
The findings of the study were published in New Scientist magazine and were presented by the Society for Investigative dermatology conference in Atlanta.
Posted by Matilda Jones
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Vickie, This is only if you're making your own carrot oil. You do not need to do that with our carrot oil. Hope this helps :)
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello Offor, Thank you for your message. Yes, that's fine. It will make a great moisturising and nourishing body butter. Hope this helps :)
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Tope, Thank you for your message. Carrot oil lightens the dark spots and helps to heal the scars. It is effective for numerous skin issues: psoriasis, eczema, itching... You can combine it with other essential oils, for example, Rosemary, lemon, lavender, lime, orange, bergamot, etc. Carrot seed oil is great for skin lightening itself, it is very effective. However, you can also always mix carrot seed oil with a cold-pressed carrier oil like sweet almond oil or coconut oil. Hope this helps. :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenWonderful information
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi,I saw a post where it is required to sun dry your grated carrot oil in order to remove moisture,Is this advisable?
- Carrot Oil for Face Please is it advisable to mix the carrot oil, Shea butter and coconut oil together for the skin