Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Pomegranates ’have a number of health benefits’
Eating well and taking plenty of exercise are part of what constitutes healthy living, which in turn can make you feel better on the inside.
Certain foods are reportedly useful to lower the risks of some diseases and medical conditions, so individuals might consider incorporating nutritional supplements into their diet if they feel they are not getting enough health benefits from meals alone.
Dorian Dugmore, president of healthcare group Wellness International, explained that pomegranates are particularly good for the health, and using the whole fruit - including the skin, pith and seeds - gives a more concentrated antioxidant value than the juice alone.
"[Pomegranates] can help to reduce heart problems and cardiovascular disease, by improving the inner linings of the arteries, and producing things such a nitric oxide which really tends to help your circulation and smooth the inside of your arteries. It can stimulate the production of insulin and help you use sugars more effectively," she explained.
"It can reduce the effect of inflammatory markers in your body and reduce things like arthritis to a degree, it can even help to alleviate sexual dysfunction, so there are a variety of health benefits that it has."
Meanwhile, nutritionist Dr Carina Norris has warned that many people could be tempted to opt for unhealthier food because it is relatively cheap, but instead they just need to learn how to eat a balanced diet on a tight budget.
"Although it is perfectly possible to feed yourself from cooking from scratch from simple ingredients, like fruit and vegetables and cheaper cuts of meat, if you don't have the cooking skills and the know-how, you can't do it. That is why people are resorting to convenience foods, fast foods and takeaways and things like that," she posited.
Posted by Matilda Jones
- Carrot Oil for Face Thank you for your message. Cold pressed carrot oil protects and preserves the nutrients of the carrots. Since the cold press presses the produce to extract the oil, no heat is involved. ... You get 100% of the vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and nutrients when you apply cold pressed oil on your face. Frying grated carrots which involves heat and oil will remove some of those nutrients. Hope this helps.
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyVery well written article indeed. Thank you for elaborating on so many levels and aspects of it.
- Carrot Oil for Face hello there, must i used only cold-pressed carrot oil on my face? Does frying the grated carrots in coconut oil still maintain the nutrients necessary for the face?
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Dear Rose, Thank you for your message. You can mix equal amounts of Pomegranate seed oil and Rosehip oil.You can add 3-4 drops from each, mix and apply on your face. Hope this helps.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hello Fushi, could you Kindly advise exactly how many drops of oil should I use to mix to mix pomegranate and rosehip oil?
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Hello Asma, Thank you for your message. Being a carrier oil, Pomegranate oil is safe to apply on the skin without dilution. However, because of its richness it is often used at dilutions of approximately 5-15% in skincare formulations. Combining Rosehip oil and pomegranate oil will give you a deeply nourishing blend of particularly antioxidant- and vitamin rich oils. It may also support scars, wrinkles and premature ageing. Hope this helps.