Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Pop out for a power walk
Now that spring is finally here, we have no excuse not to grab our running shoes, pop on some workout clothes and head outside to take advantage of the warmer weather and blue skies.
The best way to ease yourself into a new fitness regime is by fitting in walks whenever you can. If you find yourself stuck to a desk all day, you could consider getting off the bus or Tube a stop early and getting a few minutes’ exercise in the morning.
If you work from home or have children, you might find you can enjoy the sights and sounds of spring by walking to and from school or the shops.
Steve Halsall, fitness expert and entrepreneur, explained that the next step up on the exercise ladder is power walking, which is all about boosting your attitude and technique.
"It is differentiating from a stroll around the park to a concerted effort to push on and create a workout," he said. "The use of the arms is crucial to create momentum and speed, thus raising the heart rate and having a training effect on the heart."
The best thing about power walking is that you don’t need to sign up for an overpriced gym membership to get fit - just invest in some comfortable clothing, work out which route you’re going to take and get started.
"Being in a park outweighs a treadmill anytime," argued Mr Halsall.
"Walking outdoors obviously involves all the different cambers and ups and downs that a treadmill can’t offer, so it may work you more depending on your attitude to the walk."
Remember to take water with you when you power walk because you are likely to sweat quite a bit at first. Keep sipping to remain hydrated and to cool down when you get too hot - try one of Fushi’s reusable bottles to store your drink in while you’re power walking.
Posted by Freya Harper
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy