Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Practising Yoga ’is an ideal way to sleep more soundly’
Taking Manduka Yoga mats to a local class could be the ideal way to get enough shut-eye, as sleep quality improves when an individual is more physically active.
This is the opinion of fitness expert Steve Halsall, who noted that the body needs to recover from the depletion of energy after a tough workout, meaning sleep comes more naturally to those who have exerted themselves.
"Getting into a routine of exercise that is challenging yet comfortable, progressive yet manageable, is the perfect blend for most people," he said.
"Being physically tired at the end of the day is a good thing to feel, as it shows the body naturally the need to rest and recover."
Mr Halsall recommended individuals pick up "good habits" like running a hot bath at the end of the day and remembering to stretch out after exercising to release physical tension, which allows the body and the mind to switch off.
"This element of exercise is crucial if one exercises late in the day - exercising late may lead to over stimulation, so showing the body how to switch off is essential."
Individuals who take their Yoga equipment to a class will also improve their lung function and breathing patterns, which can help them sleep better as their airways will become more efficient.
"Exercise always lifts the mood and in doing so will take the mental pressure off someone who is too focused on not sleeping. Exercise helps to surrender to sleep both physically and mentally," Mr Halsall added.
His comments came after research from Oregon State University found people sleep significantly better and feel more alert during the day if they get at least 150 minutes of exercise a week, which could prompt individuals into investing in quality Yoga mats.
Posted by Freya Harper
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy