Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Practising Yoga ’is an ideal way to sleep more soundly’
Taking Manduka Yoga mats to a local class could be the ideal way to get enough shut-eye, as sleep quality improves when an individual is more physically active.
This is the opinion of fitness expert Steve Halsall, who noted that the body needs to recover from the depletion of energy after a tough workout, meaning sleep comes more naturally to those who have exerted themselves.
"Getting into a routine of exercise that is challenging yet comfortable, progressive yet manageable, is the perfect blend for most people," he said.
"Being physically tired at the end of the day is a good thing to feel, as it shows the body naturally the need to rest and recover."
Mr Halsall recommended individuals pick up "good habits" like running a hot bath at the end of the day and remembering to stretch out after exercising to release physical tension, which allows the body and the mind to switch off.
"This element of exercise is crucial if one exercises late in the day - exercising late may lead to over stimulation, so showing the body how to switch off is essential."
Individuals who take their Yoga equipment to a class will also improve their lung function and breathing patterns, which can help them sleep better as their airways will become more efficient.
"Exercise always lifts the mood and in doing so will take the mental pressure off someone who is too focused on not sleeping. Exercise helps to surrender to sleep both physically and mentally," Mr Halsall added.
His comments came after research from Oregon State University found people sleep significantly better and feel more alert during the day if they get at least 150 minutes of exercise a week, which could prompt individuals into investing in quality Yoga mats.
Posted by Freya Harper
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.