Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Practising Yoga ’is an ideal way to sleep more soundly’
Taking Manduka Yoga mats to a local class could be the ideal way to get enough shut-eye, as sleep quality improves when an individual is more physically active.
This is the opinion of fitness expert Steve Halsall, who noted that the body needs to recover from the depletion of energy after a tough workout, meaning sleep comes more naturally to those who have exerted themselves.
"Getting into a routine of exercise that is challenging yet comfortable, progressive yet manageable, is the perfect blend for most people," he said.
"Being physically tired at the end of the day is a good thing to feel, as it shows the body naturally the need to rest and recover."
Mr Halsall recommended individuals pick up "good habits" like running a hot bath at the end of the day and remembering to stretch out after exercising to release physical tension, which allows the body and the mind to switch off.
"This element of exercise is crucial if one exercises late in the day - exercising late may lead to over stimulation, so showing the body how to switch off is essential."
Individuals who take their Yoga equipment to a class will also improve their lung function and breathing patterns, which can help them sleep better as their airways will become more efficient.
"Exercise always lifts the mood and in doing so will take the mental pressure off someone who is too focused on not sleeping. Exercise helps to surrender to sleep both physically and mentally," Mr Halsall added.
His comments came after research from Oregon State University found people sleep significantly better and feel more alert during the day if they get at least 150 minutes of exercise a week, which could prompt individuals into investing in quality Yoga mats.
Posted by Freya Harper
- Carrot Oil for Face Thank you for your message. Cold pressed carrot oil protects and preserves the nutrients of the carrots. Since the cold press presses the produce to extract the oil, no heat is involved. ... You get 100% of the vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and nutrients when you apply cold pressed oil on your face. Frying grated carrots which involves heat and oil will remove some of those nutrients. Hope this helps.
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyVery well written article indeed. Thank you for elaborating on so many levels and aspects of it.
- Carrot Oil for Face hello there, must i used only cold-pressed carrot oil on my face? Does frying the grated carrots in coconut oil still maintain the nutrients necessary for the face?
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Dear Rose, Thank you for your message. You can mix equal amounts of Pomegranate seed oil and Rosehip oil.You can add 3-4 drops from each, mix and apply on your face. Hope this helps.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hello Fushi, could you Kindly advise exactly how many drops of oil should I use to mix to mix pomegranate and rosehip oil?
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Hello Asma, Thank you for your message. Being a carrier oil, Pomegranate oil is safe to apply on the skin without dilution. However, because of its richness it is often used at dilutions of approximately 5-15% in skincare formulations. Combining Rosehip oil and pomegranate oil will give you a deeply nourishing blend of particularly antioxidant- and vitamin rich oils. It may also support scars, wrinkles and premature ageing. Hope this helps.