Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Practising Yoga ’is an ideal way to sleep more soundly’
Taking Manduka Yoga mats to a local class could be the ideal way to get enough shut-eye, as sleep quality improves when an individual is more physically active.
This is the opinion of fitness expert Steve Halsall, who noted that the body needs to recover from the depletion of energy after a tough workout, meaning sleep comes more naturally to those who have exerted themselves.
"Getting into a routine of exercise that is challenging yet comfortable, progressive yet manageable, is the perfect blend for most people," he said.
"Being physically tired at the end of the day is a good thing to feel, as it shows the body naturally the need to rest and recover."
Mr Halsall recommended individuals pick up "good habits" like running a hot bath at the end of the day and remembering to stretch out after exercising to release physical tension, which allows the body and the mind to switch off.
"This element of exercise is crucial if one exercises late in the day - exercising late may lead to over stimulation, so showing the body how to switch off is essential."
Individuals who take their Yoga equipment to a class will also improve their lung function and breathing patterns, which can help them sleep better as their airways will become more efficient.
"Exercise always lifts the mood and in doing so will take the mental pressure off someone who is too focused on not sleeping. Exercise helps to surrender to sleep both physically and mentally," Mr Halsall added.
His comments came after research from Oregon State University found people sleep significantly better and feel more alert during the day if they get at least 150 minutes of exercise a week, which could prompt individuals into investing in quality Yoga mats.
Posted by Freya Harper
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes, our cold pressed carrot oil can be used on both the face and body. You can add few drops of Carrot oil to your body cream.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes you can mix few drops of carrot oil with Shea butter and apply it as hair mask. It is thought to bring balance in moisture for hair as a conditioning agent. Shea Butter and Carrot Oil works extremely well as a hair softening mask, especially to comfort sensitive, aging skin during cold winter climates and extreme dry heat.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello can I mix carrot oil and Shea butter and apply on my hair
- Carrot Oil for Face Can i use cold pressed carrot oil as my face and body cream
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) you can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello, You can for sure mix carrot and papaya oil together. I will help reduce hyperpigmentation :)