Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Pregnant celebrities turn to prenatal Yoga
Prenatal Yoga is hardly a new phenomenon, but it's only recently that mums-to-be seem to have been rolling up their Yoga mats and heading to the gym in droves.
It may have something to do with celebrity trends, as numerous pregnant A-listers have been touting the benefits of the exercise in recent months.
Jessica Alba is one of them. The actress, who has just given birth to her second child, insisted that prenatal Yoga has really helped her maintain her figure.
"I have a bad back and bad knees and it really prepares your body," she told Latina magazine.
"The more limber you are and the stronger you are, the easier your birth. And isn't that what everybody wants?"
She's not the only celebrity prenatal Yoga fan. Charmed star Alyssa Milano has been spotted regularly emerging from her local gym in LA with her Yoga equipment in tow.
The actress is fast approaching her due date and is set to give birth to her first child with husband David Bugliari next month.
Other famous mums-to-be who've been using Yoga to focus their minds and prepare their bodies for delivery of their little ones include Mad Men star January Jones and 90210 actress Tori Spelling.
According to the charity Birthlight, Yoga is one of the best forms of exercise during pregnancy, as it provides a gentle and safe way to stay toned and supple without putting excess strain on the body.
It also enables women to prepare for the birth by focusing on relaxation and breathing techniques.
Many gyms and health centres offer dedicated prenatal Yoga classes that feature poses and exercises suitable for expectant women, so if you have a baby on the way, why not check out the facilities in your local area?
Posted by Freya Harper
- Carrot Oil for Face Thank you for your message. Cold pressed carrot oil protects and preserves the nutrients of the carrots. Since the cold press presses the produce to extract the oil, no heat is involved. ... You get 100% of the vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and nutrients when you apply cold pressed oil on your face. Frying grated carrots which involves heat and oil will remove some of those nutrients. Hope this helps.
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyVery well written article indeed. Thank you for elaborating on so many levels and aspects of it.
- Carrot Oil for Face hello there, must i used only cold-pressed carrot oil on my face? Does frying the grated carrots in coconut oil still maintain the nutrients necessary for the face?
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Dear Rose, Thank you for your message. You can mix equal amounts of Pomegranate seed oil and Rosehip oil.You can add 3-4 drops from each, mix and apply on your face. Hope this helps.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hello Fushi, could you Kindly advise exactly how many drops of oil should I use to mix to mix pomegranate and rosehip oil?
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Hello Asma, Thank you for your message. Being a carrier oil, Pomegranate oil is safe to apply on the skin without dilution. However, because of its richness it is often used at dilutions of approximately 5-15% in skincare formulations. Combining Rosehip oil and pomegranate oil will give you a deeply nourishing blend of particularly antioxidant- and vitamin rich oils. It may also support scars, wrinkles and premature ageing. Hope this helps.