Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Pregnant celebrities turn to prenatal Yoga
Prenatal Yoga is hardly a new phenomenon, but it's only recently that mums-to-be seem to have been rolling up their Yoga mats and heading to the gym in droves.
It may have something to do with celebrity trends, as numerous pregnant A-listers have been touting the benefits of the exercise in recent months.
Jessica Alba is one of them. The actress, who has just given birth to her second child, insisted that prenatal Yoga has really helped her maintain her figure.
"I have a bad back and bad knees and it really prepares your body," she told Latina magazine.
"The more limber you are and the stronger you are, the easier your birth. And isn't that what everybody wants?"
She's not the only celebrity prenatal Yoga fan. Charmed star Alyssa Milano has been spotted regularly emerging from her local gym in LA with her Yoga equipment in tow.
The actress is fast approaching her due date and is set to give birth to her first child with husband David Bugliari next month.
Other famous mums-to-be who've been using Yoga to focus their minds and prepare their bodies for delivery of their little ones include Mad Men star January Jones and 90210 actress Tori Spelling.
According to the charity Birthlight, Yoga is one of the best forms of exercise during pregnancy, as it provides a gentle and safe way to stay toned and supple without putting excess strain on the body.
It also enables women to prepare for the birth by focusing on relaxation and breathing techniques.
Many gyms and health centres offer dedicated prenatal Yoga classes that feature poses and exercises suitable for expectant women, so if you have a baby on the way, why not check out the facilities in your local area?
Posted by Freya Harper
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you Emiliano for your comment. In this blog we are referring more to oils, more so than butters and while we agree with you Shea is an excellent emollient for hair, it's consistency is more buttery and it is used more as a leave-in remedy to smooth hair texture. We have suggested Coconut oil as it helps slow down hair loss by penetrating deep into your hair shaft to prevent protein loss, which in turn prevents breakage. When applied to your scalp, it simultaneously moisturises and removes build-up around your hair follicles to encourage hair growth and is one of base oils always used in Ayurveda for hair treatments. As this post is more focused for hair and not for skin, the comedogenic scale applies to skin/pores and not hair follicles. Thank you again for your feedback.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Hello Zu, yes hair loss can be very stressful and this in turn amplifies the cause almost.. Perhaps with Covid, your system may have been depleted of nutrients and fighting the virus can take its toll on your immune system, so sometimes our hair and skin suffer when we have been ill. We really believe in oils for scalp massage as the best way to revive the growth and help regenerate the follicles. It may be also worth at looking at internal supplements and making sure you are getting enough of omega oils, perhaps plant based such as nuts and seeds in your diet. For external oil treatment, would recommend the Really Good Hair oil which we create with Brahmi, this herb is known to help bring the scalp back to health and improve growth. Biotin is also a good vitamin to take as a supplement to help with hair growth so do look into that. So hope these tips will be helpful for you.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?I, am very surprised that your article did not include Organic Shea Butter and that coconut oil, is your number one choice for hair growth and thickness. According to the comedogenic scale, coconut oil, has a rating of (4), on a scale from (0), to (5), on clogging your pores. Why would anyone put coconut oil, on their hair or skin knowing the pores will get clogged up. Shea Butter, on the other hand has a (0), rating on the comedogenic scale, which is great for dry hair and skin and won't clog up your pores.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks