Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Pregnant celebrities turn to prenatal Yoga
Prenatal Yoga is hardly a new phenomenon, but it's only recently that mums-to-be seem to have been rolling up their Yoga mats and heading to the gym in droves.
It may have something to do with celebrity trends, as numerous pregnant A-listers have been touting the benefits of the exercise in recent months.
Jessica Alba is one of them. The actress, who has just given birth to her second child, insisted that prenatal Yoga has really helped her maintain her figure.
"I have a bad back and bad knees and it really prepares your body," she told Latina magazine.
"The more limber you are and the stronger you are, the easier your birth. And isn't that what everybody wants?"
She's not the only celebrity prenatal Yoga fan. Charmed star Alyssa Milano has been spotted regularly emerging from her local gym in LA with her Yoga equipment in tow.
The actress is fast approaching her due date and is set to give birth to her first child with husband David Bugliari next month.
Other famous mums-to-be who've been using Yoga to focus their minds and prepare their bodies for delivery of their little ones include Mad Men star January Jones and 90210 actress Tori Spelling.
According to the charity Birthlight, Yoga is one of the best forms of exercise during pregnancy, as it provides a gentle and safe way to stay toned and supple without putting excess strain on the body.
It also enables women to prepare for the birth by focusing on relaxation and breathing techniques.
Many gyms and health centres offer dedicated prenatal Yoga classes that feature poses and exercises suitable for expectant women, so if you have a baby on the way, why not check out the facilities in your local area?
Posted by Freya Harper
- Carrot Oil for Face Which essential oil is best mix with carrot oil for face and body
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Praise, Carrot oil, which is a carrier oil does have a slight ability to protect skin from the sun. However, it does not clear sunburn from your face or any of the oils you have mentioned. Coconut oil, Aloe Vera or Calendula oil might help. You can also apply essential oils that help sooth sun burn with either jojoba oil or sweet almond oil. The best essential oils for this would be lavender or peppermint. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Please, can I mix tumeric oil, carrot oil, jojoba oil and sweet almond to clear sunburn on my face
- Shatavari benefits for WomenHi D, indeed there is conflicting information on whether Shatavari can be taken during pregnancy or not. Some studies showed that Shatavari can affect milk supply during lactation, and that Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus) has possible teratogenicity so it should be avoided in pregnancy. Other studies showed that Shatavari is an ingredient in most herbal teas which are recommended to be taken during pregnancy and breastfeeding. I would recommend that you consult your GP or a qualified herbalist who deals with pregnant women before taking anything, in case you are already taking some supplements/ drugs or herbs to help with your pregnancy.
- Shatavari benefits for WomenHi, there's conflicting information whether this can still be taking during pregnancy. What do you suggest as I use your brand and trying to conceive?
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Dear Fatima, thank you for your message. For your type of skin Almond oil is ok -- its comedogenic level is 2 out of 5, it means it's not going to clog your pores. If you are looking for something even lower on that scale, you should go for Argan, Rosehip, Grapeseed, Hemp -oil which are 0-1. I hope this helps.