Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Pregnant celebrities turn to prenatal Yoga
Prenatal Yoga is hardly a new phenomenon, but it's only recently that mums-to-be seem to have been rolling up their Yoga mats and heading to the gym in droves.
It may have something to do with celebrity trends, as numerous pregnant A-listers have been touting the benefits of the exercise in recent months.
Jessica Alba is one of them. The actress, who has just given birth to her second child, insisted that prenatal Yoga has really helped her maintain her figure.
"I have a bad back and bad knees and it really prepares your body," she told Latina magazine.
"The more limber you are and the stronger you are, the easier your birth. And isn't that what everybody wants?"
She's not the only celebrity prenatal Yoga fan. Charmed star Alyssa Milano has been spotted regularly emerging from her local gym in LA with her Yoga equipment in tow.
The actress is fast approaching her due date and is set to give birth to her first child with husband David Bugliari next month.
Other famous mums-to-be who've been using Yoga to focus their minds and prepare their bodies for delivery of their little ones include Mad Men star January Jones and 90210 actress Tori Spelling.
According to the charity Birthlight, Yoga is one of the best forms of exercise during pregnancy, as it provides a gentle and safe way to stay toned and supple without putting excess strain on the body.
It also enables women to prepare for the birth by focusing on relaxation and breathing techniques.
Many gyms and health centres offer dedicated prenatal Yoga classes that feature poses and exercises suitable for expectant women, so if you have a baby on the way, why not check out the facilities in your local area?
Posted by Freya Harper
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello Dia, Thank you for your comment. Research is confusing when it comes to testosterone levels with PCOS and using Ashwagandha. As it is an adaptogenic herb, it will 'adapt' to the environment of the body to support hormonal balance. A huge therapeutic benefit of Ashwagandha is its ability to balance cortisol levels, which could improve stress and symptoms of PCOS also. If you are currently using any medications or under medical supervision, please seek advice from your practitioner to ensure there are no interactions. I hope this helps :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs ashwagandha is good to be taken to increase height who have testosterone level high along with pcod ?
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHi Simie, thank you for your message. Ashwagandha is safe to be taken alongside other supplements including Vitamin E and Calcium. We would advise you check with your GP for interactions with estrogen medications for menopause as there are different variations of these medications. I hope this helps :)