Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Pulse Yoga ’offers something different’
Individuals who are willing to get fit could invest in Yoga mats and find local classes to ease away the pressures of the day while toning up.
Tarquin Cooper, a writer for the Daily Telegraph, has discovered a new way to get fit through Yoga classes with a difference.
Pulse Yoga uses the basic techniques to tone up and become more supple but incorporates other exercises into the positions.
Mr Cooper attended a pulse Yoga session with instructor Allie Hill and found that the class helped him with his aches and pains.
"Yoga’s unique system of stretching and holding postures is renowned for relieving physical and mental tension. In my case, it alleviates the bodily aches and stiffness caused by hours of sitting hunched at my desk or pounding the pavements during a run," he explained.
Pulse Yoga was designed to appeal to women who are put off going to the gym but want to get fitter, and to men who would usually baulk at attending a traditional Yoga session.
Ms Hill commented: "I wanted to offer something different. In the US, Yoga’s more mainstream and incorporated into elite sports. They offer all these crazy classes, like Yoga spin, and I loved the idea of introducing weights into my practice.
"The challenge appeals to guys, too. Most look at the relatively light weights and think, how hard can that be? But when you have to do lots of micro-movements to work specific muscle groups, it can be surprisingly challenging to hold a posture at the same time," she added.
Meanwhile, hundreds of people brought their Yoga equipment onto the streets of Paris at the weekend to take part in a mass stretching session.
The crowd of 2,000 devotees gathered near the Eiffel Tower on October 2nd to mark the UN International Day of Non-Violence, which is held on the birthday of Indian peace activist Mahatma Gandhi.
New York-based Yoga teacher Elena Brower, who led the session, explained: "Everybody is excited, everybody is really here in honour of Mahatma Gandhi’s birthday, it’s the day of non-violence."
Posted by Freya Harper
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello Dia, Thank you for your comment. Research is confusing when it comes to testosterone levels with PCOS and using Ashwagandha. As it is an adaptogenic herb, it will 'adapt' to the environment of the body to support hormonal balance. A huge therapeutic benefit of Ashwagandha is its ability to balance cortisol levels, which could improve stress and symptoms of PCOS also. If you are currently using any medications or under medical supervision, please seek advice from your practitioner to ensure there are no interactions. I hope this helps :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs ashwagandha is good to be taken to increase height who have testosterone level high along with pcod ?
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHi Simie, thank you for your message. Ashwagandha is safe to be taken alongside other supplements including Vitamin E and Calcium. We would advise you check with your GP for interactions with estrogen medications for menopause as there are different variations of these medications. I hope this helps :)