Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Relaxation can help lift your mood
Feeling blue this autumn? Try taking your Yoga mat to a nearby green space and having a few minutes of relaxation while breathing the fresh air, a Yoga teacher has advised.
Nutritional therapist Charlotte Watts of de-stressyourlife.com explained: "One of the most important things is to make sure that you get out daily, so that you see sunlight daily on bare skin. That helps keep up serotonin levels. [You can do that by] moving around and doing spontaneous exercise - [such as] walking to places rather than going to the gym."
She pointed out that individuals can lift their mood by finding ways to keep moving and going outdoors as much as possible, even when the temperature starts to dip.
"Even if that means a ten minute walk at lunchtime, it really all helps in the winter."
The co-author of The De-Stress Diet also posited that healthy eating can cheer you up at this time of the year, so try to cut down on fatty, sugary snacks.
"Nutritionally, what is really important throughout all of this is that [your] blood sugar [level] is balanced, so you’re not getting those highs and lows, which leaves you reaching for more sugar. Regulating blood sugar is really important because when serotonin tends to be low, it tends to make us crave sugar. So the more we can balance blood sugar, the less you get into that depression, craving, sugar cycle - which is a very real biochemical thing."
As well as taking your Yoga equipment to individual or group sessions, you could also try doing some exercise at home on those dark evenings when you don’t feel like leaving the house.
"There is really good evidence for running up and down the stairs. There was a study on women who ran up and down the stairs and it really made a massive difference," Ms Watts commented.
"Relaxation isn’t just plonking yourself down in front of the telly, you actually take time [out]."
Posted by Freya Harper
- Carrot Oil for Face Thank you for your message. Cold pressed carrot oil protects and preserves the nutrients of the carrots. Since the cold press presses the produce to extract the oil, no heat is involved. ... You get 100% of the vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and nutrients when you apply cold pressed oil on your face. Frying grated carrots which involves heat and oil will remove some of those nutrients. Hope this helps.
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyVery well written article indeed. Thank you for elaborating on so many levels and aspects of it.
- Carrot Oil for Face hello there, must i used only cold-pressed carrot oil on my face? Does frying the grated carrots in coconut oil still maintain the nutrients necessary for the face?
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Dear Rose, Thank you for your message. You can mix equal amounts of Pomegranate seed oil and Rosehip oil.You can add 3-4 drops from each, mix and apply on your face. Hope this helps.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hello Fushi, could you Kindly advise exactly how many drops of oil should I use to mix to mix pomegranate and rosehip oil?
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Hello Asma, Thank you for your message. Being a carrier oil, Pomegranate oil is safe to apply on the skin without dilution. However, because of its richness it is often used at dilutions of approximately 5-15% in skincare formulations. Combining Rosehip oil and pomegranate oil will give you a deeply nourishing blend of particularly antioxidant- and vitamin rich oils. It may also support scars, wrinkles and premature ageing. Hope this helps.