Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Relaxation can help lift your mood
Feeling blue this autumn? Try taking your Yoga mat to a nearby green space and having a few minutes of relaxation while breathing the fresh air, a Yoga teacher has advised.
Nutritional therapist Charlotte Watts of de-stressyourlife.com explained: "One of the most important things is to make sure that you get out daily, so that you see sunlight daily on bare skin. That helps keep up serotonin levels. [You can do that by] moving around and doing spontaneous exercise - [such as] walking to places rather than going to the gym."
She pointed out that individuals can lift their mood by finding ways to keep moving and going outdoors as much as possible, even when the temperature starts to dip.
"Even if that means a ten minute walk at lunchtime, it really all helps in the winter."
The co-author of The De-Stress Diet also posited that healthy eating can cheer you up at this time of the year, so try to cut down on fatty, sugary snacks.
"Nutritionally, what is really important throughout all of this is that [your] blood sugar [level] is balanced, so you’re not getting those highs and lows, which leaves you reaching for more sugar. Regulating blood sugar is really important because when serotonin tends to be low, it tends to make us crave sugar. So the more we can balance blood sugar, the less you get into that depression, craving, sugar cycle - which is a very real biochemical thing."
As well as taking your Yoga equipment to individual or group sessions, you could also try doing some exercise at home on those dark evenings when you don’t feel like leaving the house.
"There is really good evidence for running up and down the stairs. There was a study on women who ran up and down the stairs and it really made a massive difference," Ms Watts commented.
"Relaxation isn’t just plonking yourself down in front of the telly, you actually take time [out]."
Posted by Freya Harper
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you Emiliano for your comment. In this blog we are referring more to oils, more so than butters and while we agree with you Shea is an excellent emollient for hair, it's consistency is more buttery and it is used more as a leave-in remedy to smooth hair texture. We have suggested Coconut oil as it helps slow down hair loss by penetrating deep into your hair shaft to prevent protein loss, which in turn prevents breakage. When applied to your scalp, it simultaneously moisturises and removes build-up around your hair follicles to encourage hair growth and is one of base oils always used in Ayurveda for hair treatments. As this post is more focused for hair and not for skin, the comedogenic scale applies to skin/pores and not hair follicles. Thank you again for your feedback.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Hello Zu, yes hair loss can be very stressful and this in turn amplifies the cause almost.. Perhaps with Covid, your system may have been depleted of nutrients and fighting the virus can take its toll on your immune system, so sometimes our hair and skin suffer when we have been ill. We really believe in oils for scalp massage as the best way to revive the growth and help regenerate the follicles. It may be also worth at looking at internal supplements and making sure you are getting enough of omega oils, perhaps plant based such as nuts and seeds in your diet. For external oil treatment, would recommend the Really Good Hair oil which we create with Brahmi, this herb is known to help bring the scalp back to health and improve growth. Biotin is also a good vitamin to take as a supplement to help with hair growth so do look into that. So hope these tips will be helpful for you.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?I, am very surprised that your article did not include Organic Shea Butter and that coconut oil, is your number one choice for hair growth and thickness. According to the comedogenic scale, coconut oil, has a rating of (4), on a scale from (0), to (5), on clogging your pores. Why would anyone put coconut oil, on their hair or skin knowing the pores will get clogged up. Shea Butter, on the other hand has a (0), rating on the comedogenic scale, which is great for dry hair and skin and won't clog up your pores.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks