Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Sitting pretty: how good posture can improve your health
By perfecting your posture on Manduka Yoga mats, your body and health could benefit in day-to-day life.
This is the view of Adam Dallison, a registered osteopath and inventor of PosturePlast, who explained that good posture is "using the body as it was intended, within its natural mechanical design".
Not only can excellent posture make you look taller and more assertive, it also has numerous health benefits.
"If we all used our spine correctly, we would not develop lower back pain - it’s that simple," he pointed out.
"Ninety per cent of back pain is non-specific or mechanical, for example disc injuries, muscle and ligament pains and strains, and this type of pain only arises from incorrect use, known generally as poor posture."
Mr Dallison said that the body uses more energy to maintain a slouch, which could contribute to the tiredness we feel at the end of the day, as well as the various aches and pains we endure from time to time.
"Even if a lower back injury does occur, maintaining good posture afterwards will allow a faster recovery time as the injury site is not constantly under physical stress. Good spinal posture [also] means you stand taller, slimmer and look more confident. This leads to less internal organ and vascular flow through the stomach area, which can actually increase performance," he added.
By taking quality Yoga mats to stretching classes, you could learn how to hold your spine correctly and boost your breathing capacity by up to 30 per cent, which in turn can give you an energy kick.
Next time you catch yourself slouching at your desk, try raising the front of your ribcage slightly and inhale deeply through your nose. This will give you the ideal position in which to inflate your lungs fully, increasing oxygen flow to the brain and other cells and perking you up while releasing stress with each long breath out through the mouth.
Posted by Freya Harper
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello :) There are no studies that indicates negative effects on femininity and hirsutism on women. Studies have shown that Ashwagandha is a magical herb for women of all ages and the benefits for women are plenty. When consumed regularly, it can have a positive effect on physical and mental health. Hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenI have heard that using this herb cause negative effects on femininity and some times produces hair on face of woman.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes, our cold pressed carrot oil can be used on both the face and body. You can add few drops of Carrot oil to your body cream.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes you can mix few drops of carrot oil with Shea butter and apply it as hair mask. It is thought to bring balance in moisture for hair as a conditioning agent. Shea Butter and Carrot Oil works extremely well as a hair softening mask, especially to comfort sensitive, aging skin during cold winter climates and extreme dry heat.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello can I mix carrot oil and Shea butter and apply on my hair
- Carrot Oil for Face Can i use cold pressed carrot oil as my face and body cream