Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Sitting pretty: how good posture can improve your health
By perfecting your posture on Manduka Yoga mats, your body and health could benefit in day-to-day life.
This is the view of Adam Dallison, a registered osteopath and inventor of PosturePlast, who explained that good posture is "using the body as it was intended, within its natural mechanical design".
Not only can excellent posture make you look taller and more assertive, it also has numerous health benefits.
"If we all used our spine correctly, we would not develop lower back pain - it’s that simple," he pointed out.
"Ninety per cent of back pain is non-specific or mechanical, for example disc injuries, muscle and ligament pains and strains, and this type of pain only arises from incorrect use, known generally as poor posture."
Mr Dallison said that the body uses more energy to maintain a slouch, which could contribute to the tiredness we feel at the end of the day, as well as the various aches and pains we endure from time to time.
"Even if a lower back injury does occur, maintaining good posture afterwards will allow a faster recovery time as the injury site is not constantly under physical stress. Good spinal posture [also] means you stand taller, slimmer and look more confident. This leads to less internal organ and vascular flow through the stomach area, which can actually increase performance," he added.
By taking quality Yoga mats to stretching classes, you could learn how to hold your spine correctly and boost your breathing capacity by up to 30 per cent, which in turn can give you an energy kick.
Next time you catch yourself slouching at your desk, try raising the front of your ribcage slightly and inhale deeply through your nose. This will give you the ideal position in which to inflate your lungs fully, increasing oxygen flow to the brain and other cells and perking you up while releasing stress with each long breath out through the mouth.
Posted by Freya Harper
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy