Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Sitting pretty: how good posture can improve your health
By perfecting your posture on Manduka Yoga mats, your body and health could benefit in day-to-day life.
This is the view of Adam Dallison, a registered osteopath and inventor of PosturePlast, who explained that good posture is "using the body as it was intended, within its natural mechanical design".
Not only can excellent posture make you look taller and more assertive, it also has numerous health benefits.
"If we all used our spine correctly, we would not develop lower back pain - it’s that simple," he pointed out.
"Ninety per cent of back pain is non-specific or mechanical, for example disc injuries, muscle and ligament pains and strains, and this type of pain only arises from incorrect use, known generally as poor posture."
Mr Dallison said that the body uses more energy to maintain a slouch, which could contribute to the tiredness we feel at the end of the day, as well as the various aches and pains we endure from time to time.
"Even if a lower back injury does occur, maintaining good posture afterwards will allow a faster recovery time as the injury site is not constantly under physical stress. Good spinal posture [also] means you stand taller, slimmer and look more confident. This leads to less internal organ and vascular flow through the stomach area, which can actually increase performance," he added.
By taking quality Yoga mats to stretching classes, you could learn how to hold your spine correctly and boost your breathing capacity by up to 30 per cent, which in turn can give you an energy kick.
Next time you catch yourself slouching at your desk, try raising the front of your ribcage slightly and inhale deeply through your nose. This will give you the ideal position in which to inflate your lungs fully, increasing oxygen flow to the brain and other cells and perking you up while releasing stress with each long breath out through the mouth.
Posted by Freya Harper
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.