Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Sitting pretty: how good posture can improve your health
By perfecting your posture on Manduka Yoga mats, your body and health could benefit in day-to-day life.
This is the view of Adam Dallison, a registered osteopath and inventor of PosturePlast, who explained that good posture is "using the body as it was intended, within its natural mechanical design".
Not only can excellent posture make you look taller and more assertive, it also has numerous health benefits.
"If we all used our spine correctly, we would not develop lower back pain - it’s that simple," he pointed out.
"Ninety per cent of back pain is non-specific or mechanical, for example disc injuries, muscle and ligament pains and strains, and this type of pain only arises from incorrect use, known generally as poor posture."
Mr Dallison said that the body uses more energy to maintain a slouch, which could contribute to the tiredness we feel at the end of the day, as well as the various aches and pains we endure from time to time.
"Even if a lower back injury does occur, maintaining good posture afterwards will allow a faster recovery time as the injury site is not constantly under physical stress. Good spinal posture [also] means you stand taller, slimmer and look more confident. This leads to less internal organ and vascular flow through the stomach area, which can actually increase performance," he added.
By taking quality Yoga mats to stretching classes, you could learn how to hold your spine correctly and boost your breathing capacity by up to 30 per cent, which in turn can give you an energy kick.
Next time you catch yourself slouching at your desk, try raising the front of your ribcage slightly and inhale deeply through your nose. This will give you the ideal position in which to inflate your lungs fully, increasing oxygen flow to the brain and other cells and perking you up while releasing stress with each long breath out through the mouth.
Posted by Freya Harper
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you Emiliano for your comment. In this blog we are referring more to oils, more so than butters and while we agree with you Shea is an excellent emollient for hair, it's consistency is more buttery and it is used more as a leave-in remedy to smooth hair texture. We have suggested Coconut oil as it helps slow down hair loss by penetrating deep into your hair shaft to prevent protein loss, which in turn prevents breakage. When applied to your scalp, it simultaneously moisturises and removes build-up around your hair follicles to encourage hair growth and is one of base oils always used in Ayurveda for hair treatments. As this post is more focused for hair and not for skin, the comedogenic scale applies to skin/pores and not hair follicles. Thank you again for your feedback.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Hello Zu, yes hair loss can be very stressful and this in turn amplifies the cause almost.. Perhaps with Covid, your system may have been depleted of nutrients and fighting the virus can take its toll on your immune system, so sometimes our hair and skin suffer when we have been ill. We really believe in oils for scalp massage as the best way to revive the growth and help regenerate the follicles. It may be also worth at looking at internal supplements and making sure you are getting enough of omega oils, perhaps plant based such as nuts and seeds in your diet. For external oil treatment, would recommend the Really Good Hair oil which we create with Brahmi, this herb is known to help bring the scalp back to health and improve growth. Biotin is also a good vitamin to take as a supplement to help with hair growth so do look into that. So hope these tips will be helpful for you.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?I, am very surprised that your article did not include Organic Shea Butter and that coconut oil, is your number one choice for hair growth and thickness. According to the comedogenic scale, coconut oil, has a rating of (4), on a scale from (0), to (5), on clogging your pores. Why would anyone put coconut oil, on their hair or skin knowing the pores will get clogged up. Shea Butter, on the other hand has a (0), rating on the comedogenic scale, which is great for dry hair and skin and won't clog up your pores.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks