Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Soft materials ’will prevent inflammation of sore skin’
While using natural beauty products can help soothe irritated skin and hydrate a dry, flaky complexion, it is worthwhile choosing soft materials that will not inflame skin on cold winter days.
According to Kimberley Carter of the British Association of Dermatologists, a downpour can not only make us feel miserable, it can harm our skin’s natural barrier function.
"Wet, soggy clothing can chafe the skin, leaving it looking red and sore," she pointed out.
"Protect your skin with warm clothing whilst outside and try to choose soft materials that won’t scratch or irritate your skin. If the rain makes your clothes damp, ensure that you change into something dry as soon as possible and don’t leave wet clothes in contact with your skin, to prevent irritation or chafing."
Ms Carter also noted that moving from wet, cold environments into warm, dry ones can be bad for our complexion, leading to blood vessels in the skin rapidly changing size to account for the fluctuating temperature.
To avoid looking "flushed and weather beaten", the skin expert advised avoiding sudden changes in temperature wherever possible.
Your skin might also need extra hydration to stop the flakiness, so invest in some herbal oils to give quick relief.
Avocado oil and olive oil are particularly useful in rehydrating skin because they are rich in antioxidants and fatty acids. Olive oil is a good emollient too, keeping water in the cells where it is needed and allowing damaged cells on the surface of the skin to repair themselves.
If you think your dry skin could be a result of a fungal infection, try adding a few drops of tea tree oil to a carrier oil and applying the mixture to the affected area. This should prevent cracking and acts as a disinfectant to keep bacteria out of broken skin.
Posted by Laura Andrews
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy