Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Soothe dry skin this winter with vitamin-packed oils
Are you suffering from dry, flaky skin this winter? Face feeling tight and stretched, yet displaying sore red patches and blemishes? What you need are herbal oils.
According to Renee Mann of the Ayurvedic Practitioners Association, oils have been used for centuries to treat dry skin conditions because they contain vitamins and are thought to accelerate healing.
Most oils are also absorbed into the skin quickly, meaning after a few days of using oil-based products, you should see a difference in your complexion.
"There are many different varieties to choose from," explained Ms Mann.
"For a skin condition such as acne, the common misconception is to stay away from oil. In fact the opposite is true: you need to use oils that will be beneficial such as jojoba oil. Jojoba oil is naturally soothing and has anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and anti-oxidant properties."
She noted that oils are a better alternative to mainstream skincare products because they are 100 per cent natural and usually offer better value, as a little drop will go a long way.
"Another oil readily available is almond oil, which is very good as an anti-wrinkle treatment," the expert added.
One of the best natural beauty products to use on dry, itchy skin is Hawaiian kukui nut oil, which is ideal for use on mature, damaged or irritated skin. It is packed with vitamins E, C and A, as well as a fatty acid called linoleic acid, which is beneficial to skincare.
Simply add a few drops of kukui nut oil to your bath for a luxurious soak, or mix it with carrier oils to use as a massage oil. You can even rub it on stretch marks and scars to reduce such blemishes and apply it to broken skin to soothe eczema-like and psoriasis-like symptoms.
Posted by Laura Andrews
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy