Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Soothe dry skin this winter with vitamin-packed oils
Are you suffering from dry, flaky skin this winter? Face feeling tight and stretched, yet displaying sore red patches and blemishes? What you need are herbal oils.
According to Renee Mann of the Ayurvedic Practitioners Association, oils have been used for centuries to treat dry skin conditions because they contain vitamins and are thought to accelerate healing.
Most oils are also absorbed into the skin quickly, meaning after a few days of using oil-based products, you should see a difference in your complexion.
"There are many different varieties to choose from," explained Ms Mann.
"For a skin condition such as acne, the common misconception is to stay away from oil. In fact the opposite is true: you need to use oils that will be beneficial such as jojoba oil. Jojoba oil is naturally soothing and has anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and anti-oxidant properties."
She noted that oils are a better alternative to mainstream skincare products because they are 100 per cent natural and usually offer better value, as a little drop will go a long way.
"Another oil readily available is almond oil, which is very good as an anti-wrinkle treatment," the expert added.
One of the best natural beauty products to use on dry, itchy skin is Hawaiian kukui nut oil, which is ideal for use on mature, damaged or irritated skin. It is packed with vitamins E, C and A, as well as a fatty acid called linoleic acid, which is beneficial to skincare.
Simply add a few drops of kukui nut oil to your bath for a luxurious soak, or mix it with carrier oils to use as a massage oil. You can even rub it on stretch marks and scars to reduce such blemishes and apply it to broken skin to soothe eczema-like and psoriasis-like symptoms.
Posted by Laura Andrews
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Mercy, yes Carrot oil is usually made using carrot fruit infused in almond oil :) The oil should be stored in a cool, dark place to maintain the maximum shelf life. You can also store it in the refrigerator. It Will keep for 6-8 months if stored properly.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi, I made carrot oil from almond oil and carrot fruit, is it good? And how do I keep it to avoid spoilage
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello :) There are no studies that indicates negative effects on femininity and hirsutism on women. Studies have shown that Ashwagandha is a magical herb for women of all ages and the benefits for women are plenty. When consumed regularly, it can have a positive effect on physical and mental health. Hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenI have heard that using this herb cause negative effects on femininity and some times produces hair on face of woman.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes, our cold pressed carrot oil can be used on both the face and body. You can add few drops of Carrot oil to your body cream.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes you can mix few drops of carrot oil with Shea butter and apply it as hair mask. It is thought to bring balance in moisture for hair as a conditioning agent. Shea Butter and Carrot Oil works extremely well as a hair softening mask, especially to comfort sensitive, aging skin during cold winter climates and extreme dry heat.