Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Spring clean your body for summer
Sometimes getting fit isn’t just about dropping a dress size or getting a flatter stomach in preparation for a big event. It can be about making long-term healthy living choices that mean you’ll find it much easier to exercise further and faster, as well as keep an eye on your weight.
According to Denise Taylor, author of Fat to Fantastic, it is obvious what we need to do to feel healthy - although putting the theory into practice can be a lot harder.
"We all think we know what to do - eat less and move more, but not every calorie is the same. Rather than eating ready meals full of chemicals, eating more natural foods such as healthy stews with lots of vegetables can help people to lose weight," she noted.
"But we can all move more to put more activity into our life. It’s not about going to a gym but using the stairs, walking more and finding activities we enjoy."
Meanwhile, the Mirror reported that there are plenty of benefits from getting off the sofa and slipping into your workout gear, including banishing food cravings, lowering your cholesterol and even helping to cure depression.
Being active is essential for our health and wellbeing - the newspaper stated that the rise in the number of cancer, heart disease and diabetes cases could be a result of our more sedentary lifestyles - and getting fit can also be a great way of detoxing.
According to Edgeonthenet.com, our body cannot burn fat until our liver is able to eliminate the toxins stored in it, even if we eat healthily and do plenty of exercise.
Taking herbal supplements and tinctures can be an easy way to purge your body of any nasties, especially if you combine it with a beneficial eating plan and a fitness regime.
Fushi’s Cleanse & Detox combo, for example, is great for stimulating the bowel and cleansing the intestinal tract of food and other debris.
Posted by Freya Harper
- Carrot Oil for Face Which essential oil is best mix with carrot oil for face and body
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Praise, Carrot oil, which is a carrier oil does have a slight ability to protect skin from the sun. However, it does not clear sunburn from your face or any of the oils you have mentioned. Coconut oil, Aloe Vera or Calendula oil might help. You can also apply essential oils that help sooth sun burn with either jojoba oil or sweet almond oil. The best essential oils for this would be lavender or peppermint. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Please, can I mix tumeric oil, carrot oil, jojoba oil and sweet almond to clear sunburn on my face
- Shatavari benefits for WomenHi D, indeed there is conflicting information on whether Shatavari can be taken during pregnancy or not. Some studies showed that Shatavari can affect milk supply during lactation, and that Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus) has possible teratogenicity so it should be avoided in pregnancy. Other studies showed that Shatavari is an ingredient in most herbal teas which are recommended to be taken during pregnancy and breastfeeding. I would recommend that you consult your GP or a qualified herbalist who deals with pregnant women before taking anything, in case you are already taking some supplements/ drugs or herbs to help with your pregnancy.
- Shatavari benefits for WomenHi, there's conflicting information whether this can still be taking during pregnancy. What do you suggest as I use your brand and trying to conceive?
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Dear Fatima, thank you for your message. For your type of skin Almond oil is ok -- its comedogenic level is 2 out of 5, it means it's not going to clog your pores. If you are looking for something even lower on that scale, you should go for Argan, Rosehip, Grapeseed, Hemp -oil which are 0-1. I hope this helps.