Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Spring clean your body for summer
Sometimes getting fit isn’t just about dropping a dress size or getting a flatter stomach in preparation for a big event. It can be about making long-term healthy living choices that mean you’ll find it much easier to exercise further and faster, as well as keep an eye on your weight.
According to Denise Taylor, author of Fat to Fantastic, it is obvious what we need to do to feel healthy - although putting the theory into practice can be a lot harder.
"We all think we know what to do - eat less and move more, but not every calorie is the same. Rather than eating ready meals full of chemicals, eating more natural foods such as healthy stews with lots of vegetables can help people to lose weight," she noted.
"But we can all move more to put more activity into our life. It’s not about going to a gym but using the stairs, walking more and finding activities we enjoy."
Meanwhile, the Mirror reported that there are plenty of benefits from getting off the sofa and slipping into your workout gear, including banishing food cravings, lowering your cholesterol and even helping to cure depression.
Being active is essential for our health and wellbeing - the newspaper stated that the rise in the number of cancer, heart disease and diabetes cases could be a result of our more sedentary lifestyles - and getting fit can also be a great way of detoxing.
According to Edgeonthenet.com, our body cannot burn fat until our liver is able to eliminate the toxins stored in it, even if we eat healthily and do plenty of exercise.
Taking herbal supplements and tinctures can be an easy way to purge your body of any nasties, especially if you combine it with a beneficial eating plan and a fitness regime.
Fushi’s Cleanse & Detox combo, for example, is great for stimulating the bowel and cleansing the intestinal tract of food and other debris.
Posted by Freya Harper
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello Dia, Thank you for your comment. Research is confusing when it comes to testosterone levels with PCOS and using Ashwagandha. As it is an adaptogenic herb, it will 'adapt' to the environment of the body to support hormonal balance. A huge therapeutic benefit of Ashwagandha is its ability to balance cortisol levels, which could improve stress and symptoms of PCOS also. If you are currently using any medications or under medical supervision, please seek advice from your practitioner to ensure there are no interactions. I hope this helps :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs ashwagandha is good to be taken to increase height who have testosterone level high along with pcod ?
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHi Simie, thank you for your message. Ashwagandha is safe to be taken alongside other supplements including Vitamin E and Calcium. We would advise you check with your GP for interactions with estrogen medications for menopause as there are different variations of these medications. I hope this helps :)