Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Spring is the perfect time to start a new healthy living programme
The sun is out, you’ve just been paid and you’re dreaming about that summer holiday you’ve got planned with the girls or your other half.
But wait - what’s that? The faint alarm bells in your head are already ringing about how you’re going to find the confidence to strip off on the beach.
Well stop panicking, because according to hypnotherapist and life coach Ann Finnemore, now is a great time to embark on a new healthy living programme because the longer, warmer days make it easier to get out and about.
"Whether it’s gardening, walking, cycling or playing games in the park with your children, most people find something they love to do in the summer. All of these things can really improve your fitness and help you shed your excess weight," she pointed out.
If you’re worried about patches of cellulite on your body, there’s plenty of time to see an improvement if you start eating healthier and exercising more now.
"By eating simple, unprocessed foods and making the most of those you can eat raw - such as salad vegetables and fruit - you can improve both your nutrition and feel satisfied by eating less calories," pointed out Ms Finnemore.
Switching to complex carbohydrates such as whole grains and cutting out the refined carbs and sugar will also help you shed any excess pounds, while upping your consumption of protein at every meal, by adding a handful of almonds, cottage cheese or lean meat, will increase your energy levels, making you feel more motivated to get out there and start a new fitness regime.
"Losing weight can be a great boost to your self-esteem and confidence. Not only because you feel that you look better and can dress the way you want to, but also because - when achieved healthily - weight loss can bring with it improved energy and better health," added Ms Finnemore.
Posted by Freya Harper
- Coconut Organic Oil Virgin Fresh-PressedAs low as £6.00 Regular Price £6.00
- Carrot Oil for Face Which essential oil is best mix with carrot oil for face and body
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Praise, Carrot oil, which is a carrier oil does have a slight ability to protect skin from the sun. However, it does not clear sunburn from your face or any of the oils you have mentioned. Coconut oil, Aloe Vera or Calendula oil might help. You can also apply essential oils that help sooth sun burn with either jojoba oil or sweet almond oil. The best essential oils for this would be lavender or peppermint. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Please, can I mix tumeric oil, carrot oil, jojoba oil and sweet almond to clear sunburn on my face
- Shatavari benefits for WomenHi D, indeed there is conflicting information on whether Shatavari can be taken during pregnancy or not. Some studies showed that Shatavari can affect milk supply during lactation, and that Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus) has possible teratogenicity so it should be avoided in pregnancy. Other studies showed that Shatavari is an ingredient in most herbal teas which are recommended to be taken during pregnancy and breastfeeding. I would recommend that you consult your GP or a qualified herbalist who deals with pregnant women before taking anything, in case you are already taking some supplements/ drugs or herbs to help with your pregnancy.
- Shatavari benefits for WomenHi, there's conflicting information whether this can still be taking during pregnancy. What do you suggest as I use your brand and trying to conceive?
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Dear Fatima, thank you for your message. For your type of skin Almond oil is ok -- its comedogenic level is 2 out of 5, it means it's not going to clog your pores. If you are looking for something even lower on that scale, you should go for Argan, Rosehip, Grapeseed, Hemp -oil which are 0-1. I hope this helps.