Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Spring is the perfect time to start a new healthy living programme
The sun is out, you’ve just been paid and you’re dreaming about that summer holiday you’ve got planned with the girls or your other half.
But wait - what’s that? The faint alarm bells in your head are already ringing about how you’re going to find the confidence to strip off on the beach.
Well stop panicking, because according to hypnotherapist and life coach Ann Finnemore, now is a great time to embark on a new healthy living programme because the longer, warmer days make it easier to get out and about.
"Whether it’s gardening, walking, cycling or playing games in the park with your children, most people find something they love to do in the summer. All of these things can really improve your fitness and help you shed your excess weight," she pointed out.
If you’re worried about patches of cellulite on your body, there’s plenty of time to see an improvement if you start eating healthier and exercising more now.
"By eating simple, unprocessed foods and making the most of those you can eat raw - such as salad vegetables and fruit - you can improve both your nutrition and feel satisfied by eating less calories," pointed out Ms Finnemore.
Switching to complex carbohydrates such as whole grains and cutting out the refined carbs and sugar will also help you shed any excess pounds, while upping your consumption of protein at every meal, by adding a handful of almonds, cottage cheese or lean meat, will increase your energy levels, making you feel more motivated to get out there and start a new fitness regime.
"Losing weight can be a great boost to your self-esteem and confidence. Not only because you feel that you look better and can dress the way you want to, but also because - when achieved healthily - weight loss can bring with it improved energy and better health," added Ms Finnemore.
Posted by Freya Harper
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello Dia, Thank you for your comment. Research is confusing when it comes to testosterone levels with PCOS and using Ashwagandha. As it is an adaptogenic herb, it will 'adapt' to the environment of the body to support hormonal balance. A huge therapeutic benefit of Ashwagandha is its ability to balance cortisol levels, which could improve stress and symptoms of PCOS also. If you are currently using any medications or under medical supervision, please seek advice from your practitioner to ensure there are no interactions. I hope this helps :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs ashwagandha is good to be taken to increase height who have testosterone level high along with pcod ?
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHi Simie, thank you for your message. Ashwagandha is safe to be taken alongside other supplements including Vitamin E and Calcium. We would advise you check with your GP for interactions with estrogen medications for menopause as there are different variations of these medications. I hope this helps :)