Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Spring is the perfect time to start a new healthy living programme
The sun is out, you’ve just been paid and you’re dreaming about that summer holiday you’ve got planned with the girls or your other half.
But wait - what’s that? The faint alarm bells in your head are already ringing about how you’re going to find the confidence to strip off on the beach.
Well stop panicking, because according to hypnotherapist and life coach Ann Finnemore, now is a great time to embark on a new healthy living programme because the longer, warmer days make it easier to get out and about.
"Whether it’s gardening, walking, cycling or playing games in the park with your children, most people find something they love to do in the summer. All of these things can really improve your fitness and help you shed your excess weight," she pointed out.
If you’re worried about patches of cellulite on your body, there’s plenty of time to see an improvement if you start eating healthier and exercising more now.
"By eating simple, unprocessed foods and making the most of those you can eat raw - such as salad vegetables and fruit - you can improve both your nutrition and feel satisfied by eating less calories," pointed out Ms Finnemore.
Switching to complex carbohydrates such as whole grains and cutting out the refined carbs and sugar will also help you shed any excess pounds, while upping your consumption of protein at every meal, by adding a handful of almonds, cottage cheese or lean meat, will increase your energy levels, making you feel more motivated to get out there and start a new fitness regime.
"Losing weight can be a great boost to your self-esteem and confidence. Not only because you feel that you look better and can dress the way you want to, but also because - when achieved healthily - weight loss can bring with it improved energy and better health," added Ms Finnemore.
Posted by Freya Harper
- Carrot Oil for Face Thank you for your message. Cold pressed carrot oil protects and preserves the nutrients of the carrots. Since the cold press presses the produce to extract the oil, no heat is involved. ... You get 100% of the vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and nutrients when you apply cold pressed oil on your face. Frying grated carrots which involves heat and oil will remove some of those nutrients. Hope this helps.
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyVery well written article indeed. Thank you for elaborating on so many levels and aspects of it.
- Carrot Oil for Face hello there, must i used only cold-pressed carrot oil on my face? Does frying the grated carrots in coconut oil still maintain the nutrients necessary for the face?
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Dear Rose, Thank you for your message. You can mix equal amounts of Pomegranate seed oil and Rosehip oil.You can add 3-4 drops from each, mix and apply on your face. Hope this helps.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hello Fushi, could you Kindly advise exactly how many drops of oil should I use to mix to mix pomegranate and rosehip oil?
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Hello Asma, Thank you for your message. Being a carrier oil, Pomegranate oil is safe to apply on the skin without dilution. However, because of its richness it is often used at dilutions of approximately 5-15% in skincare formulations. Combining Rosehip oil and pomegranate oil will give you a deeply nourishing blend of particularly antioxidant- and vitamin rich oils. It may also support scars, wrinkles and premature ageing. Hope this helps.