Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Start your day right with a healthy breakfast
On these cold winter mornings, it is important to start the day right with a nutritious breakfast to give us enough energy to get through the next few hours.
Harley Street nutritionist Yvonne Bishop-Weston advises that we begin breakfast by boosting our blood sugar levels, which will have dipped overnight.
"The important thing is, when you wake up, start the day with a fruit smoothie, or a vegetable juice would be even better, and then within about half an hour have breakfast with some protein in it. It could be eggs, kippers, something along those lines," she explains.
You could also try rye bread with some kippers, cherry tomatoes and spinach leaves for a vitamin boost, or poach eggs over wholegrain toast, she posits.
"You need to go for the omega-3 eggs because they are higher in the essential fatty acids," the expert said, noting that this will also help address any Christmas hangovers.
Oats in particular make for a healthy breakfast as they will fill us up and slowly release energy throughout the morning. Mix in some dried fruits and nuts, such as figs, dates and walnuts, and chop up some fresh slices of apple and banana to get at least two of your five recommended portions of fruit and veg a day into your first meal.
Those who are not keen on porridge could increase their consumption of complex carbs, which are found in grains, fruits, legumes and other vegetables. These not only provide energy and fibre - an essential part of a healthy diet - there is evidence to suggest they could also reduce symptoms of chronic constipation, soothe irritable bowel syndrome and even bring down high blood pressure.
So this winter, stock up on whole grains, cereal grains and green vegetables and experiment with them to see if you can come up with a delicious and healthy meal to start the day. You could also try herbal supplements such as acai berries and goji berries to boost energy.
Posted by Matilda Jones
- Coconut Organic Oil Virgin Fresh-PressedAs low as £6.00 Regular Price £6.00
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy