Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Stay healthy in winter by keeping fit and relaxing
Getting healthy in the coldest months of the year is not easy going - there will be many times when our longing for the biscuit tin will overwhelm our wish for a banging bikini body, but according to specialist massage therapist Steve Finnemore there are lots of things we can do in January to stay on the healthy living path.
The most important aspects of staying well are good nutrition, staying physically active and lowering stress levels as much as possible - these things combined should see off any winter bugs that are doing the rounds.
Mr Finnemore pointed out that just because the weather is cold and the nights are long, we don’t have to turn to unhealthy junk food to make us feel better.
"Using a good range of organic seasonal vegetables you can make meals packed with nutrients which help you stay healthy throughout winter," he noted. "Vegetables can be made into soups and casseroles, or simply roasted with a small amount of oil to accompany lean cuts of organic meat, fish or vegetarian protein sources such as bean burgers, or nut and seed roasts."
And while the last thing you feel like doing after a long day at work is pulling on your gym kit, staying active in winter is vital to maintaining your good health. Go for a brisk walk outside for half an hour three times a week - you want to aim to be slightly out of breath by the end of your stroll to dispel those sluggish feelings.
"If the weather’s too miserable though, you could still go to exercise classes or even use an indoor means of keeping active," said the massage expert.
He also advised scheduling some ’down time’ for yourself, such as by booking some relaxation therapy.
"Booking a massage can be really beneficial in lowering your stress levels and so increasing your resilience against winter illnesses," Mr Finnemore added.
Posted by Matilda Jones
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy