Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Strengthen your defences against winter vomiting bug
If you’ve ever suffered from norovirus, or winter vomiting bug as it’s often referred to, you’ll know that, although its effects are short-lived, it’s not a pleasant illness.
Norovirus can be caught at any time of year, although activity increases in the winter months, with most cases occurring between October and April.
Symptoms include vomiting and diarrhoea, while some sufferers can have headaches, a high temperature and stomach cramps, usually lasting between 24 and 48 hours.
Health Protection Agency figures show that cases of norovirus are in line with seasonal norms this winter, and several hospitals have been forced to close wards to visitors to stop the spread.
Norovirus is highly contagious, so it’s advisable to practice good health and hygiene, whether you have the illness or are hoping to avoid catching it.
You could also strengthen your defences with herbal supplements, such as those found in Fushi Wellbeing’s Winter Defence Kit. The set contains Echinacea capsules, which are thought to reduce your risk of catching seasonal afflictions by boosting your immune system.
In 2007 scientists in the US claimed that the herbal remedy can halve a person’s chances of developing a common cold and reduce the duration of colds by a day-and-a-half.
Vitamin C, argan oil and goji berries are also known to have immune boosting benefits that could help you avoid winter illnesses.
If you are stuck down by norovirus, the Health Protection Agency advises drinking plenty of fluids to replace those lost to vomiting and diarrhoea.
It also urged sufferers not to visit their GP surgery since norovirus is a self-limiting illness and people recover from it naturally without treatment.
Similarly, it is recommended that sufferers do not visit relatives in hospitals or residential care homes where the infection could put vulnerable people at risk.
Posted by Matilda Jones
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy