Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Stress ’can cause greying hair’
The effects of stress on the mind and body are already well documented - from irritability and anxiety to headaches and muscle tension.
But now a new study has shown that high levels of stress could also impact on our hair by turning it grey prematurely.
Researchers at Duke University in North Carolina found that when people experience stress, their bodies release chemicals that can damage their DNA.
This can speed up the aging process and cause hair to lose its colour.
More worryingly, it can also increase the risk of certain diseases, as the body produces less of the proteins needed to protect cells from abnormalities.
"This could explain how chronic stress may lead to a variety of human conditions and disorders," said lead researcher Professor Robert Lefkowitz.
"They range from merely cosmetic - like greying hair - to life-threatening disorders and malignancies."
The good news is that stress can be managed using a variety of techniques, from diet to relaxation and meditation.
Herbal oils and supplements, such as ashwagandha capsules and lavender oil, can also help to alleviate stress naturally.
Lavender is often used to calm the senses and promote sleep, while ashwagandha is recommended for those with a tired and exhausted nervous system.
Other organic remedies that can be used to tackle stress include brahmi capsules, coconut oil and valerian.
Of course exercise is also widely recommended for those suffering with stress, and Yoga can be an excellent choice.
Some forms of Yoga focus intensely on relaxation and breathing techniques, which can work wonders at the end of a hectic day.
Exercise also releases a chemical called serotonin, which makes people feel instantly happier and less stressed.
Posted by Matilda Jones
- Wholefood CalmaidAs low as £13.00
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy