Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Study highlights importance of healthy living
A new survey has highlighted the importance of exercising to relieve the stress brought on by everyday urban living.
The poll of 2,000 adults, which was conducted by Opinium Research on behalf of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP), found that two out of five respondents get out of breath simply by walking upstairs or running for a bus, with women more likely to admit to being out of shape than men.
According to the CSP, office workers can take simple steps to incorporate exercise into their working lives in order to stay healthy.
In honour of its Workout at Work Day, more than 150 physiotherapists will visit workplaces across the country to encourage employees to adopt healthier and more active lifestyles.
Ann Green, chair of the CSP, said: "Physiotherapists see the consequences of inactivity every day and it's a real concern that so many people are left out of breath by relatively simple tasks.
"Time and financial pressures obviously prevent many people from taking exercise but Workout at Work Day is about showing people the cheap and easy ways that it can be built into any daily routine."
She added that taking up healthy life choices can help people tackle the obesity crisis that the UK is currently contending with.
Using some yoga equipment to stretch the limbs could provide a great gentle workout, as well as taking away some of the stress incurred by hectic and demanding 21st century lifestyles.
You can take part of a range of exercises on Manduka yoga mats to improve your strength and suppleness. In addition to this, sports such as cycling, tennis and walking can help you keep healthy and spritely.
According to Ben Willmott, head of public policy at the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development, firms that encourage a healthy workforce can benefit from reduced levels of employee ill-health and absence.
Posted by Freya Harper
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Mercy, yes Carrot oil is usually made using carrot fruit infused in almond oil :) The oil should be stored in a cool, dark place to maintain the maximum shelf life. You can also store it in the refrigerator. It Will keep for 6-8 months if stored properly.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi, I made carrot oil from almond oil and carrot fruit, is it good? And how do I keep it to avoid spoilage
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello :) There are no studies that indicates negative effects on femininity and hirsutism on women. Studies have shown that Ashwagandha is a magical herb for women of all ages and the benefits for women are plenty. When consumed regularly, it can have a positive effect on physical and mental health. Hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenI have heard that using this herb cause negative effects on femininity and some times produces hair on face of woman.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes, our cold pressed carrot oil can be used on both the face and body. You can add few drops of Carrot oil to your body cream.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes you can mix few drops of carrot oil with Shea butter and apply it as hair mask. It is thought to bring balance in moisture for hair as a conditioning agent. Shea Butter and Carrot Oil works extremely well as a hair softening mask, especially to comfort sensitive, aging skin during cold winter climates and extreme dry heat.