Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Study highlights importance of healthy living
A new survey has highlighted the importance of exercising to relieve the stress brought on by everyday urban living.
The poll of 2,000 adults, which was conducted by Opinium Research on behalf of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP), found that two out of five respondents get out of breath simply by walking upstairs or running for a bus, with women more likely to admit to being out of shape than men.
According to the CSP, office workers can take simple steps to incorporate exercise into their working lives in order to stay healthy.
In honour of its Workout at Work Day, more than 150 physiotherapists will visit workplaces across the country to encourage employees to adopt healthier and more active lifestyles.
Ann Green, chair of the CSP, said: "Physiotherapists see the consequences of inactivity every day and it's a real concern that so many people are left out of breath by relatively simple tasks.
"Time and financial pressures obviously prevent many people from taking exercise but Workout at Work Day is about showing people the cheap and easy ways that it can be built into any daily routine."
She added that taking up healthy life choices can help people tackle the obesity crisis that the UK is currently contending with.
Using some yoga equipment to stretch the limbs could provide a great gentle workout, as well as taking away some of the stress incurred by hectic and demanding 21st century lifestyles.
You can take part of a range of exercises on Manduka yoga mats to improve your strength and suppleness. In addition to this, sports such as cycling, tennis and walking can help you keep healthy and spritely.
According to Ben Willmott, head of public policy at the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development, firms that encourage a healthy workforce can benefit from reduced levels of employee ill-health and absence.
Posted by Freya Harper
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello Dia, Thank you for your comment. Research is confusing when it comes to testosterone levels with PCOS and using Ashwagandha. As it is an adaptogenic herb, it will 'adapt' to the environment of the body to support hormonal balance. A huge therapeutic benefit of Ashwagandha is its ability to balance cortisol levels, which could improve stress and symptoms of PCOS also. If you are currently using any medications or under medical supervision, please seek advice from your practitioner to ensure there are no interactions. I hope this helps :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs ashwagandha is good to be taken to increase height who have testosterone level high along with pcod ?
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHi Simie, thank you for your message. Ashwagandha is safe to be taken alongside other supplements including Vitamin E and Calcium. We would advise you check with your GP for interactions with estrogen medications for menopause as there are different variations of these medications. I hope this helps :)