Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Study highlights importance of healthy living
A new survey has highlighted the importance of exercising to relieve the stress brought on by everyday urban living.
The poll of 2,000 adults, which was conducted by Opinium Research on behalf of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP), found that two out of five respondents get out of breath simply by walking upstairs or running for a bus, with women more likely to admit to being out of shape than men.
According to the CSP, office workers can take simple steps to incorporate exercise into their working lives in order to stay healthy.
In honour of its Workout at Work Day, more than 150 physiotherapists will visit workplaces across the country to encourage employees to adopt healthier and more active lifestyles.
Ann Green, chair of the CSP, said: "Physiotherapists see the consequences of inactivity every day and it's a real concern that so many people are left out of breath by relatively simple tasks.
"Time and financial pressures obviously prevent many people from taking exercise but Workout at Work Day is about showing people the cheap and easy ways that it can be built into any daily routine."
She added that taking up healthy life choices can help people tackle the obesity crisis that the UK is currently contending with.
Using some yoga equipment to stretch the limbs could provide a great gentle workout, as well as taking away some of the stress incurred by hectic and demanding 21st century lifestyles.
You can take part of a range of exercises on Manduka yoga mats to improve your strength and suppleness. In addition to this, sports such as cycling, tennis and walking can help you keep healthy and spritely.
According to Ben Willmott, head of public policy at the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development, firms that encourage a healthy workforce can benefit from reduced levels of employee ill-health and absence.
Posted by Freya Harper
- Carrot Oil for Face Thank you for your message. Cold pressed carrot oil protects and preserves the nutrients of the carrots. Since the cold press presses the produce to extract the oil, no heat is involved. ... You get 100% of the vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and nutrients when you apply cold pressed oil on your face. Frying grated carrots which involves heat and oil will remove some of those nutrients. Hope this helps.
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyVery well written article indeed. Thank you for elaborating on so many levels and aspects of it.
- Carrot Oil for Face hello there, must i used only cold-pressed carrot oil on my face? Does frying the grated carrots in coconut oil still maintain the nutrients necessary for the face?
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Dear Rose, Thank you for your message. You can mix equal amounts of Pomegranate seed oil and Rosehip oil.You can add 3-4 drops from each, mix and apply on your face. Hope this helps.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hello Fushi, could you Kindly advise exactly how many drops of oil should I use to mix to mix pomegranate and rosehip oil?
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Hello Asma, Thank you for your message. Being a carrier oil, Pomegranate oil is safe to apply on the skin without dilution. However, because of its richness it is often used at dilutions of approximately 5-15% in skincare formulations. Combining Rosehip oil and pomegranate oil will give you a deeply nourishing blend of particularly antioxidant- and vitamin rich oils. It may also support scars, wrinkles and premature ageing. Hope this helps.