Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Study highlights importance of healthy living
A new survey has highlighted the importance of exercising to relieve the stress brought on by everyday urban living.
The poll of 2,000 adults, which was conducted by Opinium Research on behalf of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP), found that two out of five respondents get out of breath simply by walking upstairs or running for a bus, with women more likely to admit to being out of shape than men.
According to the CSP, office workers can take simple steps to incorporate exercise into their working lives in order to stay healthy.
In honour of its Workout at Work Day, more than 150 physiotherapists will visit workplaces across the country to encourage employees to adopt healthier and more active lifestyles.
Ann Green, chair of the CSP, said: "Physiotherapists see the consequences of inactivity every day and it's a real concern that so many people are left out of breath by relatively simple tasks.
"Time and financial pressures obviously prevent many people from taking exercise but Workout at Work Day is about showing people the cheap and easy ways that it can be built into any daily routine."
She added that taking up healthy life choices can help people tackle the obesity crisis that the UK is currently contending with.
Using some yoga equipment to stretch the limbs could provide a great gentle workout, as well as taking away some of the stress incurred by hectic and demanding 21st century lifestyles.
You can take part of a range of exercises on Manduka yoga mats to improve your strength and suppleness. In addition to this, sports such as cycling, tennis and walking can help you keep healthy and spritely.
According to Ben Willmott, head of public policy at the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development, firms that encourage a healthy workforce can benefit from reduced levels of employee ill-health and absence.
Posted by Freya Harper
- Coconut Organic Oil Virgin Fresh-PressedAs low as £6.00 Regular Price £6.00
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy