Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Sun block ’the most effective anti-aging product available’
Using sun protection is one of the best things women can do to delay the aging process, according to cosmetic surgeon Charles Nduka.
He said sunblock is more effective than any of the expensive anti-aging creams women can buy today.
"It is true that exposure to ultraviolet light, particularly UVA, is the major cause of wrinkles, sun spots and skin pigmentation issues," he explained.
"Use of sunblock from an early age, particularly for people with fair skin and fair hair, is important."
Mr Nduka said the ease with which people can travel to hotter countries has led to an increase in sun damage to women's skin.
"There has been an increase in foreign travel because of the accessibility of cheap flights to the continent," he stated.
"Therefore people are exposed to the sun much more than they used to be and that is having a very negative impact.
"We are now seeing women probably in their early 20s with evidence of wrinkles and sun damage, which really shouldn't be the case."
Referring to concerns that using sunblock could counteract the positive effects of vitamin D from sunshine, Mr Nduka insisted that people only need a small amount of the vitamin maintain healthy bones.
He also stressed the importance of moisturising the skin, noting that people with very dry skin tend to age faster than those with a plumper, oilier complexion.
In addition to using sunblock and a natural, deep facial moisturiser, women can boost their protection against harmful UV rays by taking daily Total Sun Complex tablets.
The nutritional supplements contain vitamin C and E, as well as beta carotene and other antioxidant phytonutrients which are known to increase the power of an external sunscreen by 25 per cent.
Posted by Laura Andrews
- Coconut Organic Oil Virgin Fresh-Pressed60% OFFAs low as £2.40 Regular Price £6.00
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you Emiliano for your comment. In this blog we are referring more to oils, more so than butters and while we agree with you Shea is an excellent emollient for hair, it's consistency is more buttery and it is used more as a leave-in remedy to smooth hair texture. We have suggested Coconut oil as it helps slow down hair loss by penetrating deep into your hair shaft to prevent protein loss, which in turn prevents breakage. When applied to your scalp, it simultaneously moisturises and removes build-up around your hair follicles to encourage hair growth and is one of base oils always used in Ayurveda for hair treatments. As this post is more focused for hair and not for skin, the comedogenic scale applies to skin/pores and not hair follicles. Thank you again for your feedback.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Hello Zu, yes hair loss can be very stressful and this in turn amplifies the cause almost.. Perhaps with Covid, your system may have been depleted of nutrients and fighting the virus can take its toll on your immune system, so sometimes our hair and skin suffer when we have been ill. We really believe in oils for scalp massage as the best way to revive the growth and help regenerate the follicles. It may be also worth at looking at internal supplements and making sure you are getting enough of omega oils, perhaps plant based such as nuts and seeds in your diet. For external oil treatment, would recommend the Really Good Hair oil which we create with Brahmi, this herb is known to help bring the scalp back to health and improve growth. Biotin is also a good vitamin to take as a supplement to help with hair growth so do look into that. So hope these tips will be helpful for you.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?I, am very surprised that your article did not include Organic Shea Butter and that coconut oil, is your number one choice for hair growth and thickness. According to the comedogenic scale, coconut oil, has a rating of (4), on a scale from (0), to (5), on clogging your pores. Why would anyone put coconut oil, on their hair or skin knowing the pores will get clogged up. Shea Butter, on the other hand has a (0), rating on the comedogenic scale, which is great for dry hair and skin and won't clog up your pores.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks