Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Sun block ’the most effective anti-aging product available’
Using sun protection is one of the best things women can do to delay the aging process, according to cosmetic surgeon Charles Nduka.
He said sunblock is more effective than any of the expensive anti-aging creams women can buy today.
"It is true that exposure to ultraviolet light, particularly UVA, is the major cause of wrinkles, sun spots and skin pigmentation issues," he explained.
"Use of sunblock from an early age, particularly for people with fair skin and fair hair, is important."
Mr Nduka said the ease with which people can travel to hotter countries has led to an increase in sun damage to women's skin.
"There has been an increase in foreign travel because of the accessibility of cheap flights to the continent," he stated.
"Therefore people are exposed to the sun much more than they used to be and that is having a very negative impact.
"We are now seeing women probably in their early 20s with evidence of wrinkles and sun damage, which really shouldn't be the case."
Referring to concerns that using sunblock could counteract the positive effects of vitamin D from sunshine, Mr Nduka insisted that people only need a small amount of the vitamin maintain healthy bones.
He also stressed the importance of moisturising the skin, noting that people with very dry skin tend to age faster than those with a plumper, oilier complexion.
In addition to using sunblock and a natural, deep facial moisturiser, women can boost their protection against harmful UV rays by taking daily Total Sun Complex tablets.
The nutritional supplements contain vitamin C and E, as well as beta carotene and other antioxidant phytonutrients which are known to increase the power of an external sunscreen by 25 per cent.
Posted by Laura Andrews
- Carrot Oil for Face Thank you for your message. Cold pressed carrot oil protects and preserves the nutrients of the carrots. Since the cold press presses the produce to extract the oil, no heat is involved. ... You get 100% of the vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and nutrients when you apply cold pressed oil on your face. Frying grated carrots which involves heat and oil will remove some of those nutrients. Hope this helps.
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyVery well written article indeed. Thank you for elaborating on so many levels and aspects of it.
- Carrot Oil for Face hello there, must i used only cold-pressed carrot oil on my face? Does frying the grated carrots in coconut oil still maintain the nutrients necessary for the face?
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Dear Rose, Thank you for your message. You can mix equal amounts of Pomegranate seed oil and Rosehip oil.You can add 3-4 drops from each, mix and apply on your face. Hope this helps.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hello Fushi, could you Kindly advise exactly how many drops of oil should I use to mix to mix pomegranate and rosehip oil?
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Hello Asma, Thank you for your message. Being a carrier oil, Pomegranate oil is safe to apply on the skin without dilution. However, because of its richness it is often used at dilutions of approximately 5-15% in skincare formulations. Combining Rosehip oil and pomegranate oil will give you a deeply nourishing blend of particularly antioxidant- and vitamin rich oils. It may also support scars, wrinkles and premature ageing. Hope this helps.