Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Svelte Gerard Butler praises benefits of Yoga
Gerard Butler has become the latest A-list star to go public with their love of Yoga, praising the discipline for helping him hone his widely-envied figure.
The actor, who hit the big time as the beefed-up King Leonidas in the blood and guts epic 300, has recently been spotted looking far more svelte.
But, far from overhauling his lifestyle, the Scot has revealed that he has simply been doing the things he loves, including getting out his Yoga products and his surf board, and that the weight loss has come relatively easy to him.
"It’s just doing a lot of cardio and watching what I eat," he said of his healthy living routine in an interview with People magazine.
"I stopped lifting big weights and I’m doing Yoga. It’s not hard to stay in shape," he said, though he added that it is difficult staying in "good shape".
Butler’s profession of his love for yoga comes hot on the heels of Miranda Kerr crediting the discipline with helping her lose her pregnancy pounds.
The Australian supermodel, who is married to Pirates of the Caribbean actor Orlando Bloom, recently gave birth to her first child, a son named Flynn.
And, while many new mums may take a few months off to recuperate, she was back on the catwalk just six months after the birth, citing both breastfeeding and enjoyable exercise, particularly Yoga, as factors that helped her regain her figure.
Other big name stars known to be fans of Yoga include Trudie Styler and Christy Turlington, while millions more people from all walks of life embrace it for a range of reasons, from staying in shape, to escaping from the stresses of everyday life and easing aches and strains.
Posted by Freya Harper
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you Emiliano for your comment. In this blog we are referring more to oils, more so than butters and while we agree with you Shea is an excellent emollient for hair, it's consistency is more buttery and it is used more as a leave-in remedy to smooth hair texture. We have suggested Coconut oil as it helps slow down hair loss by penetrating deep into your hair shaft to prevent protein loss, which in turn prevents breakage. When applied to your scalp, it simultaneously moisturises and removes build-up around your hair follicles to encourage hair growth and is one of base oils always used in Ayurveda for hair treatments. As this post is more focused for hair and not for skin, the comedogenic scale applies to skin/pores and not hair follicles. Thank you again for your feedback.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Hello Zu, yes hair loss can be very stressful and this in turn amplifies the cause almost.. Perhaps with Covid, your system may have been depleted of nutrients and fighting the virus can take its toll on your immune system, so sometimes our hair and skin suffer when we have been ill. We really believe in oils for scalp massage as the best way to revive the growth and help regenerate the follicles. It may be also worth at looking at internal supplements and making sure you are getting enough of omega oils, perhaps plant based such as nuts and seeds in your diet. For external oil treatment, would recommend the Really Good Hair oil which we create with Brahmi, this herb is known to help bring the scalp back to health and improve growth. Biotin is also a good vitamin to take as a supplement to help with hair growth so do look into that. So hope these tips will be helpful for you.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?I, am very surprised that your article did not include Organic Shea Butter and that coconut oil, is your number one choice for hair growth and thickness. According to the comedogenic scale, coconut oil, has a rating of (4), on a scale from (0), to (5), on clogging your pores. Why would anyone put coconut oil, on their hair or skin knowing the pores will get clogged up. Shea Butter, on the other hand has a (0), rating on the comedogenic scale, which is great for dry hair and skin and won't clog up your pores.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks