Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Svelte Gerard Butler praises benefits of Yoga
Gerard Butler has become the latest A-list star to go public with their love of Yoga, praising the discipline for helping him hone his widely-envied figure.
The actor, who hit the big time as the beefed-up King Leonidas in the blood and guts epic 300, has recently been spotted looking far more svelte.
But, far from overhauling his lifestyle, the Scot has revealed that he has simply been doing the things he loves, including getting out his Yoga products and his surf board, and that the weight loss has come relatively easy to him.
"It’s just doing a lot of cardio and watching what I eat," he said of his healthy living routine in an interview with People magazine.
"I stopped lifting big weights and I’m doing Yoga. It’s not hard to stay in shape," he said, though he added that it is difficult staying in "good shape".
Butler’s profession of his love for yoga comes hot on the heels of Miranda Kerr crediting the discipline with helping her lose her pregnancy pounds.
The Australian supermodel, who is married to Pirates of the Caribbean actor Orlando Bloom, recently gave birth to her first child, a son named Flynn.
And, while many new mums may take a few months off to recuperate, she was back on the catwalk just six months after the birth, citing both breastfeeding and enjoyable exercise, particularly Yoga, as factors that helped her regain her figure.
Other big name stars known to be fans of Yoga include Trudie Styler and Christy Turlington, while millions more people from all walks of life embrace it for a range of reasons, from staying in shape, to escaping from the stresses of everyday life and easing aches and strains.
Posted by Freya Harper
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHi Simie, thank you for your message. Ashwagandha is safe to be taken alongside other supplements including Vitamin E and Calcium. We would advise you check with your GP for interactions with estrogen medications for menopause as there are different variations of these medications. I hope this helps :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenCan I take Ashwaganda with other supplements such as vit E, calcium and also estrogen for menopause?
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Kianouche, Thank you for your message. I would recommend to mix pomegranate oil with Marula oil for what you are looking to treat. A few drops of antioxidant-rich Marula oil mixed with Pomegranate oil can boost efficacy and help restore your skin’s functions in perfect equilibrium. Long term use may visibly minimise pores, brighten the skin, protect it from the oxidative damage caused by pollution, tones down pigmentation and assists with scar tissue healing. Hope this helps :)
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi I’ve bought some of your pomegranate oil, together with rosehip and marula oils. Which of the other two oils would be better to mix with pomegranate oil for mature skin with hyperpigmentation due to sun damage and sometimes prone to spots and milia when using rich moisturisers. Also, can I use pomegranate oil by itself or combined with either of the other two oils around my eyes
- Flaxseed oil: the homeopathic healerHi Genevive, Thank you for your comment. Homeopathic medicine refers to an alternative approach to medicine that uses natural substances that can be prepared to create a remedy to restore our health and feeling of vitality. Flaxseeds are a natural product that we have pressed organically to produce Flaxseed oil that we celebrate for its powerful healing qualities. I hope that helps!
- Flaxseed oil: the homeopathic healerHow, exactly, is this product homeopathic?