Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Svelte Gerard Butler praises benefits of Yoga
Gerard Butler has become the latest A-list star to go public with their love of Yoga, praising the discipline for helping him hone his widely-envied figure.
The actor, who hit the big time as the beefed-up King Leonidas in the blood and guts epic 300, has recently been spotted looking far more svelte.
But, far from overhauling his lifestyle, the Scot has revealed that he has simply been doing the things he loves, including getting out his Yoga products and his surf board, and that the weight loss has come relatively easy to him.
"It’s just doing a lot of cardio and watching what I eat," he said of his healthy living routine in an interview with People magazine.
"I stopped lifting big weights and I’m doing Yoga. It’s not hard to stay in shape," he said, though he added that it is difficult staying in "good shape".
Butler’s profession of his love for yoga comes hot on the heels of Miranda Kerr crediting the discipline with helping her lose her pregnancy pounds.
The Australian supermodel, who is married to Pirates of the Caribbean actor Orlando Bloom, recently gave birth to her first child, a son named Flynn.
And, while many new mums may take a few months off to recuperate, she was back on the catwalk just six months after the birth, citing both breastfeeding and enjoyable exercise, particularly Yoga, as factors that helped her regain her figure.
Other big name stars known to be fans of Yoga include Trudie Styler and Christy Turlington, while millions more people from all walks of life embrace it for a range of reasons, from staying in shape, to escaping from the stresses of everyday life and easing aches and strains.
Posted by Freya Harper
- Carrot Oil for Face Thank you for your message. Cold pressed carrot oil protects and preserves the nutrients of the carrots. Since the cold press presses the produce to extract the oil, no heat is involved. ... You get 100% of the vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and nutrients when you apply cold pressed oil on your face. Frying grated carrots which involves heat and oil will remove some of those nutrients. Hope this helps.
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyVery well written article indeed. Thank you for elaborating on so many levels and aspects of it.
- Carrot Oil for Face hello there, must i used only cold-pressed carrot oil on my face? Does frying the grated carrots in coconut oil still maintain the nutrients necessary for the face?
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Dear Rose, Thank you for your message. You can mix equal amounts of Pomegranate seed oil and Rosehip oil.You can add 3-4 drops from each, mix and apply on your face. Hope this helps.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hello Fushi, could you Kindly advise exactly how many drops of oil should I use to mix to mix pomegranate and rosehip oil?
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Hello Asma, Thank you for your message. Being a carrier oil, Pomegranate oil is safe to apply on the skin without dilution. However, because of its richness it is often used at dilutions of approximately 5-15% in skincare formulations. Combining Rosehip oil and pomegranate oil will give you a deeply nourishing blend of particularly antioxidant- and vitamin rich oils. It may also support scars, wrinkles and premature ageing. Hope this helps.