Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Tackling adult acne with natural beauty products
With half of all adult women suffering from acne at some point, it is no wonder that many females are looking to find natural beauty products that don’t contain harsh chemicals that will irritate their skin.
According to makeup artist Laura Jane Sessions, people are becoming more interested in their overall health and wellbeing, which is leading to concerns about what we put on our skin and in our body.
"Sadly, there are still many toxic substances in the products we use," she said.
"However, thanks to the media, reports of the potential long-term health effects of many of these ingredients are becoming well-known. As concern rises and media interest grows, more consumers are becoming aware of the potential risks associated with repeated exposure to some of these ingredients and [are] looking for toxin-free alternatives to beauty favourites."
While adult acne can be caused by numerous factors, including hormones, stress and certain strains of bacteria, some cosmetics can also lead to a flare-up, so opt for organic beauty products that will calm the skin and clear up any blemishes.
Certain herbal oils, like grape seed oil, are thought to have mildly astringent properties that tighten the pores and so help prevent further break-outs, while other natural products can soothe the skin and treat scarring left by acne.
Frankincense essential oil, for example, has antiseptic properties that can prevent infection and help fade scars, so mix a few drops with carrier oils like walnut or grape seed for a nourishing skin treatment.
Rosehip oil is another good product to keep on hand in your bathroom because it is packed full of non-saturated fatty acids and vitamin A, which studies suggest is why it is an effective treatment for acne scars. Try using these oils as part of your skincare regime and in a short while you should see the difference in your complexion.
Posted by Laura Andrews
- Skin, Hair & Nails Herbal Tincture Blend 100ml25% OFFAs low as £15.00 Regular Price £20.00
- Thyme Organic Tincture 100ml30% OFFAs low as £8.40 Regular Price £12.00
- Wholefood Beauty Totale for Skin Hair Nails and UV protectionAs low as £16.00
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes, our cold pressed carrot oil can be used on both the face and body. You can add few drops of Carrot oil to your body cream.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes you can mix few drops of carrot oil with Shea butter and apply it as hair mask. It is thought to bring balance in moisture for hair as a conditioning agent. Shea Butter and Carrot Oil works extremely well as a hair softening mask, especially to comfort sensitive, aging skin during cold winter climates and extreme dry heat.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello can I mix carrot oil and Shea butter and apply on my hair
- Carrot Oil for Face Can i use cold pressed carrot oil as my face and body cream
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) you can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello, You can for sure mix carrot and papaya oil together. I will help reduce hyperpigmentation :)