Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Tackling adult acne with natural beauty products
With half of all adult women suffering from acne at some point, it is no wonder that many females are looking to find natural beauty products that don’t contain harsh chemicals that will irritate their skin.
According to makeup artist Laura Jane Sessions, people are becoming more interested in their overall health and wellbeing, which is leading to concerns about what we put on our skin and in our body.
"Sadly, there are still many toxic substances in the products we use," she said.
"However, thanks to the media, reports of the potential long-term health effects of many of these ingredients are becoming well-known. As concern rises and media interest grows, more consumers are becoming aware of the potential risks associated with repeated exposure to some of these ingredients and [are] looking for toxin-free alternatives to beauty favourites."
While adult acne can be caused by numerous factors, including hormones, stress and certain strains of bacteria, some cosmetics can also lead to a flare-up, so opt for organic beauty products that will calm the skin and clear up any blemishes.
Certain herbal oils, like grape seed oil, are thought to have mildly astringent properties that tighten the pores and so help prevent further break-outs, while other natural products can soothe the skin and treat scarring left by acne.
Frankincense essential oil, for example, has antiseptic properties that can prevent infection and help fade scars, so mix a few drops with carrier oils like walnut or grape seed for a nourishing skin treatment.
Rosehip oil is another good product to keep on hand in your bathroom because it is packed full of non-saturated fatty acids and vitamin A, which studies suggest is why it is an effective treatment for acne scars. Try using these oils as part of your skincare regime and in a short while you should see the difference in your complexion.
Posted by Laura Andrews
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy