Cookies on fushi.co.uk
The body beautiful starts with body brushing
With the new year well and truly started, some of us might already be regretting the resolutions we so rashly made with a glass of bubbly in hand on December 31st.
But if there’s one we should try to keep, it’s to help our skin look as healthy and glowing as possible, as this will have a number of knock-on effects for our health and wellbeing.
The best way to get gorgeous skin is to learn how to body brush. This involves sluicing off dead skin cells and stimulating the blood circulation so your complexion looks rosy and dewy - the perfect way to brighten up these dull January days. What’s more, it can help your wobbly bits tone up and even address the dreaded cellulite, meaning there is less work to do when bikini season starts again.
To start with, you must invest in a good body brush and be prepared to use it before your morning shower or bath. Natural bristle brushes are the most effective, so choose one with a long handle to help you brush all those hard to reach areas. You should avoid the face and any sensitive patches of skin, steering clear of broken skin or varicose veins.
Make large, slow sweeps from the soles of your feet and up, always brushing in the direction of the heart. This will help kick-start the circulation and lymphatic system, which speeds up the elimination of toxins and will help you feel better after all that festive excess.
Using long, smooth strokes, brush your arms, legs and bottom in an upward motion and move across your back and torso in a downward direction. Concentrate on the hips and thighs if you feel that is where you carry extra weight, but remember to keep the brushing gentle for the first few weeks, until you get used to the sensation.
Although the body brushing technique might seen hard work at first, within a few weeks you’re sure to notice a difference in your skin - and it only takes three minutes a day.
Posted by Laura Andrews
- Wholefood Cellufirm Cellulite Supplement 90 caps50% OFFSpecial Price £10.01 Regular Price £20.00
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.