Cookies on fushi.co.uk
The body beautiful starts with body brushing
With the new year well and truly started, some of us might already be regretting the resolutions we so rashly made with a glass of bubbly in hand on December 31st.
But if there’s one we should try to keep, it’s to help our skin look as healthy and glowing as possible, as this will have a number of knock-on effects for our health and wellbeing.
The best way to get gorgeous skin is to learn how to body brush. This involves sluicing off dead skin cells and stimulating the blood circulation so your complexion looks rosy and dewy - the perfect way to brighten up these dull January days. What’s more, it can help your wobbly bits tone up and even address the dreaded cellulite, meaning there is less work to do when bikini season starts again.
To start with, you must invest in a good body brush and be prepared to use it before your morning shower or bath. Natural bristle brushes are the most effective, so choose one with a long handle to help you brush all those hard to reach areas. You should avoid the face and any sensitive patches of skin, steering clear of broken skin or varicose veins.
Make large, slow sweeps from the soles of your feet and up, always brushing in the direction of the heart. This will help kick-start the circulation and lymphatic system, which speeds up the elimination of toxins and will help you feel better after all that festive excess.
Using long, smooth strokes, brush your arms, legs and bottom in an upward motion and move across your back and torso in a downward direction. Concentrate on the hips and thighs if you feel that is where you carry extra weight, but remember to keep the brushing gentle for the first few weeks, until you get used to the sensation.
Although the body brushing technique might seen hard work at first, within a few weeks you’re sure to notice a difference in your skin - and it only takes three minutes a day.
Posted by Laura Andrews
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy