Cookies on fushi.co.uk
The body beautiful starts with body brushing
With the new year well and truly started, some of us might already be regretting the resolutions we so rashly made with a glass of bubbly in hand on December 31st.
But if there’s one we should try to keep, it’s to help our skin look as healthy and glowing as possible, as this will have a number of knock-on effects for our health and wellbeing.
The best way to get gorgeous skin is to learn how to body brush. This involves sluicing off dead skin cells and stimulating the blood circulation so your complexion looks rosy and dewy - the perfect way to brighten up these dull January days. What’s more, it can help your wobbly bits tone up and even address the dreaded cellulite, meaning there is less work to do when bikini season starts again.
To start with, you must invest in a good body brush and be prepared to use it before your morning shower or bath. Natural bristle brushes are the most effective, so choose one with a long handle to help you brush all those hard to reach areas. You should avoid the face and any sensitive patches of skin, steering clear of broken skin or varicose veins.
Make large, slow sweeps from the soles of your feet and up, always brushing in the direction of the heart. This will help kick-start the circulation and lymphatic system, which speeds up the elimination of toxins and will help you feel better after all that festive excess.
Using long, smooth strokes, brush your arms, legs and bottom in an upward motion and move across your back and torso in a downward direction. Concentrate on the hips and thighs if you feel that is where you carry extra weight, but remember to keep the brushing gentle for the first few weeks, until you get used to the sensation.
Although the body brushing technique might seen hard work at first, within a few weeks you’re sure to notice a difference in your skin - and it only takes three minutes a day.
Posted by Laura Andrews
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello :) There are no studies that indicates negative effects on femininity and hirsutism on women. Studies have shown that Ashwagandha is a magical herb for women of all ages and the benefits for women are plenty. When consumed regularly, it can have a positive effect on physical and mental health. Hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenI have heard that using this herb cause negative effects on femininity and some times produces hair on face of woman.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes, our cold pressed carrot oil can be used on both the face and body. You can add few drops of Carrot oil to your body cream.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes you can mix few drops of carrot oil with Shea butter and apply it as hair mask. It is thought to bring balance in moisture for hair as a conditioning agent. Shea Butter and Carrot Oil works extremely well as a hair softening mask, especially to comfort sensitive, aging skin during cold winter climates and extreme dry heat.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello can I mix carrot oil and Shea butter and apply on my hair
- Carrot Oil for Face Can i use cold pressed carrot oil as my face and body cream