Cookies on fushi.co.uk
The sun has got his hat on - and so should you!
We’ve been bombarded with messages about the dangers of sunburn every summer for years, but many of us are still not using organic beauty protects to protect our complexion against harmful UV rays.
Cosmetic skincare specialist Dr Rita Rakus said it’s really important to protect the cells all year round from the sun, but especially so in the hotter months when the sun is stronger.
"You should invest in a good quality foundation … which incorporates UVA (ultraviolet long wave) and UVB (ultraviolet short wave) protection. This will protect your skin all day long," she explained.
"I would also advise trying to stay out of the sun as much as possible - between the peak times of 11am and 3pm - when the sun is at its strongest. If you have to venture out, ensure you wear suitable headwear."
As well as giving you sore skin for a few days, sunburn can damage the structure of skin cells over time, raising your risk of developing cancer.
The damage may not be seen in our younger years, but if we continue stepping out in the sun without protection, over time we put ourselves in danger of developing malignant melanoma.
Those of us most at risk are the ones with fair skin that turns red quickly in the sun, red or blonde hair, lots of moles or freckles, a family history of skin cancer and those who have already had sunburn, especially when young.
As well as protecting your complexion with sunscreen, taking a nutritional supplement could enhance your defences against harmful rays.
Fushi’s Total Sun Complex contains vitamins C and E, evening primrose oil, citrus bioflavonoids and other ingredients designed to boost the protection given by external sunscreens by up to 25 per cent.
Posted by Laura Andrews
- Coconut Organic Oil Virgin Fresh-PressedAs low as £6.00 Regular Price £6.00
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Very informative blog. I liked it, as information shared is very detailed One. I really appreciate the effort taken for sharing & making knowledge available for everyone. It’s kind of help for well being of we human beings/ Body&Soul.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello Anoni, Ashwagandha is a stress reliever and controls the production of stress-inducing hormones. High production of cortisol can compromise the production of progesterone. When Ashwagandha controls cortisol, it automatically stabilises progesterone production levels. Hope this helps :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello, As Ashwagandha is an adaptogen, there are numerous ways that it can help you depending on what time of day it is. Most people like to use Ashwagandha in the morning as it has some benefits when it comes to naturally reducing anxiety which could help throughout the day. However, others take it at night to help with sleep. If you are having difficulty sleeping, take it before bed. Otherwise, it does not matter at what time of day you take it as long as you are consistent from day to day.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDoes it help increase Progesterone in women?
- Carrot Oil for Face is mixing of avocado oil with carrot oil, neem oil and orange oil a perfect combination for a dark skin person moroever based on my research I found out that these are non comedogenic oil
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenI have your Ashwagandha capsules it says to take two a day is that two at night or one in the morning and one in the evening?