Cookies on fushi.co.uk
The sun has got his hat on - and so should you!
We’ve been bombarded with messages about the dangers of sunburn every summer for years, but many of us are still not using organic beauty protects to protect our complexion against harmful UV rays.
Cosmetic skincare specialist Dr Rita Rakus said it’s really important to protect the cells all year round from the sun, but especially so in the hotter months when the sun is stronger.
"You should invest in a good quality foundation … which incorporates UVA (ultraviolet long wave) and UVB (ultraviolet short wave) protection. This will protect your skin all day long," she explained.
"I would also advise trying to stay out of the sun as much as possible - between the peak times of 11am and 3pm - when the sun is at its strongest. If you have to venture out, ensure you wear suitable headwear."
As well as giving you sore skin for a few days, sunburn can damage the structure of skin cells over time, raising your risk of developing cancer.
The damage may not be seen in our younger years, but if we continue stepping out in the sun without protection, over time we put ourselves in danger of developing malignant melanoma.
Those of us most at risk are the ones with fair skin that turns red quickly in the sun, red or blonde hair, lots of moles or freckles, a family history of skin cancer and those who have already had sunburn, especially when young.
As well as protecting your complexion with sunscreen, taking a nutritional supplement could enhance your defences against harmful rays.
Fushi’s Total Sun Complex contains vitamins C and E, evening primrose oil, citrus bioflavonoids and other ingredients designed to boost the protection given by external sunscreens by up to 25 per cent.
Posted by Laura Andrews
- Coconut Organic Oil Virgin Fresh-Pressed50% OFFAs low as £3.00 Regular Price £6.00
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.