Cookies on fushi.co.uk
The wonderful Sun Salutation and its benefits
When beginning to learn yoga it is essential to try a few poses on your own to ensure you can revisit them wherever you are or whenever they are needed.
One way to memorise poses is to practice a flowing series, such as The Sun Salutation Pose, also known as Surya Namaskar.
This group of poses helps to warm up the body and tone the abdominal muscles, improving strength and flexibility in the body, especially within the spinal column.
Whether you’re learning yoga for beginners or are more experienced you’ll need to practice the poses off by heart to ensure you can seamlessly move from one to the next, gaining maximum benefits from the routine.
To begin with, stand on your yoga mat in the yoga mountain pose, bringing together your palms in a prayer position and exhale. Then, as you inhale, take your arms above your head while keeping your palms touching.
Next exhale and bend forward to touch your feet with flat hands - this will get easier the more you practice, so don’t be disheartened at the beginning.
After this, inhale taking the right leg back, while you arch your spine and lift your chin up to the ceiling
When exhaling step the left leg back, bringing you into a plank position. Make sure you keep your legs and spine in a straight line, holding your weight on your hands and feet.
Retain that breath and lower your knees, chest and then your forehead, while ensuring your hips are raised and toes curled under.
Now for another inhale, stretch forward and bend back your torso, keeping arms nice and straight.
Exhale, curl the toes back under, pressing down on the heels and lifting the hips once more. While inhaling, bring your right leg forward and stretch the left foot out flat on the floor, again staring up to the sky.
Breathe out again and bend forward to touch your feet and then inhale while stretching your arms slowly, forward over your head with a slight bend backward from the waist.
After these 11 steps let out a deep breath and return to a standing position, or Tadasana.
Posted by Freya Harper
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello Dia, Thank you for your comment. Research is confusing when it comes to testosterone levels with PCOS and using Ashwagandha. As it is an adaptogenic herb, it will 'adapt' to the environment of the body to support hormonal balance. A huge therapeutic benefit of Ashwagandha is its ability to balance cortisol levels, which could improve stress and symptoms of PCOS also. If you are currently using any medications or under medical supervision, please seek advice from your practitioner to ensure there are no interactions. I hope this helps :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs ashwagandha is good to be taken to increase height who have testosterone level high along with pcod ?
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHi Simie, thank you for your message. Ashwagandha is safe to be taken alongside other supplements including Vitamin E and Calcium. We would advise you check with your GP for interactions with estrogen medications for menopause as there are different variations of these medications. I hope this helps :)