Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Time to spring clean your skincare regime
With the sun starting to break through those grey winter skies and signs of spring beginning to appear all around us, it’s time to put a stop to dull, lifeless skin and embark on a new skincare regime using natural beauty products.
Skin therapist Louise Thomas-Minns explained that it becomes vital to use an environmental shield as we move into the sunnier months, although of course we should be protecting our complexion against harmful UV rays all year round.
"Gentle wash-off cleansers become useful at this time of the year as we become more active in our lifestyles and the skin will perspire more. Choose one that is pH balanced and rich in vitamin C and E, which will support the skin while you cleanse," she advised.
We should pay attention to the changes our skin goes through in different seasons because it will have new requirements depending on whether the climate is hot, dry, cold or wet.
"We understand that your skin changes every minute of every day. The season, climate, hormones, stress levels and product use all have an impact," the skincare expert pointed out.
She recommended consulting a skin specialist if you’ve been using the same products all year, or have not really altered your routine since your teenage years.
Louise added that the skin’s key defence against the environment is an antioxidant-rich moisturiser that will "mop up all the youth-scavenging free radicals that we get from [the] daily assault of sun, pollution and climate change."
If you prefer to use organic beauty products instead of those containing synthetic chemicals, try applying a combination of herbal oils and carrier oils to your skin to ward off strong ultraviolet rays.
Lavender, helichrysum, myrrh and Roman chamomile oils are all known for their sun-blocking properties, so mix five to ten drops per ounce of carrier oil for an all-natural sun screen.
Posted by Laura Andrews
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy