Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Top 5 beauty foods to try
Healthy living is about looking and feeling your best inside and out. This is heavily influenced by how you take care of yourself and more importantly what you’re eating.
Guardian food writer Lynne Michelle claims that some foods can really make us beautiful, giving us the right mix of nutrients and vitamins to keep us looking at our best.
But what should we be eating to become body beautiful?
For youthful skin
Avocados are naturally high in fat, however most of this is healthy and monounsaturated, which is great for plump, youthful skin.
It lowers bad cholesterol and is a great source of potassium, helping the body to flush out toxins. With vitamins E and C it also offers a potent anti-ageing combination.
For a healthy heart
Broccoli is rich in folate, which can help reduce the risk of heart disease. It is high in fibre, essential in cutting bowel cancer, digestive disorder and heart disease risk.
With the added benefit of antioxidants and beta-carotene it’s a top heart health booster.
For warding off colds
Even during the summer months colds can strike, leaving the body lethargic and congested.
Onions and garlic have been shown to have antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, which ward off colds and flu.
They have also been linked to helping prevent cancer, thinning the blood to prevent clots and boosting good cholesterol.
For good hair, nails and skin
Brazil nuts are often cited as a superfood and it’s easy to see why when you find out how packed full of vitamins and nutrients they are.
They offer a great source of selenium, which boosts skin elasticity, as well as the overall condition of your hair and nails. This nutrient can help with acne and also works to keep heart muscles in peak condition.
Brazil nuts contain a good amount of zinc, which eases dry skin problems such as psoriasis and eczema and can reduce the chances of it wrinkling.
Posted by Matilda Jones
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes, our cold pressed carrot oil can be used on both the face and body. You can add few drops of Carrot oil to your body cream.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes you can mix few drops of carrot oil with Shea butter and apply it as hair mask. It is thought to bring balance in moisture for hair as a conditioning agent. Shea Butter and Carrot Oil works extremely well as a hair softening mask, especially to comfort sensitive, aging skin during cold winter climates and extreme dry heat.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello can I mix carrot oil and Shea butter and apply on my hair
- Carrot Oil for Face Can i use cold pressed carrot oil as my face and body cream
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) you can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello, You can for sure mix carrot and papaya oil together. I will help reduce hyperpigmentation :)