Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Top tips for keeping skin hydrated for longer
Keeping your skin hydrated is the key to a beautiful, healthy complexion. So what can you do, aside from using moisturiser every day, to make sure your dermis doesn’t get too thirsty?
Start from the inside out. Your diet can have a big impact on the condition of your skin, so make sure you drink plenty of water and eat a wide range of fresh fruits and vegetables.
It sounds simple, but it’s one of the most basic things you can do to prevent your skin from drying out. When your body becomes dehydrated your skin will be the first area to show it.
Similarly, put a stop to those bad habits. Smoking and drinking alcohol can really strip the moisture from your skin, so quit the cigarettes and keep alcohol consumption to a minimum.
Outwardly, you should use organic beauty products that will not strip the natural oils from your skin. The regime you follow will depend on your skin type.
For example, if you have sensitive skin, it’s especially important to use products that are free from harmful chemicals, dyes and fragrances that could cause your skin to flare up.
If your skin is oily, don’t be fooled into thinking it’s adequately hydrated. It could be greasy on the surface, but the cells below still need to retain moisture.
Using a serum in place of a regular cream at night is a great way to keep your skin hydrated, while oils are great to use once or twice a week for an instant moisture boost.
Apricot kernel oil makes a brilliant facial moisturiser. It’ll leave your skin soft and deeply nourished without feeling greasy, so don’t think you can’t use it if your skin is oily.
Avocado oil is another wonder product and is especially beneficial for mature or sun-damaged skin.
Of course skincare doesn’t stop at your jaw line. The skin on your neck and the rest of your body needs to be kept hydrated too, and with the countdown to summer now underway, this could be the ideal time to get into some good habits.
Natural organic shea butter is a real treat for the skin, tackling not only dryness, but fine lines and blemishes too. Stock up now ladies!
Posted by Laura Andrews
- Coconut Organic Oil Virgin Fresh-PressedAs low as £6.00 Regular Price £6.00
- Carrot Oil for Face Which essential oil is best mix with carrot oil for face and body
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Praise, Carrot oil, which is a carrier oil does have a slight ability to protect skin from the sun. However, it does not clear sunburn from your face or any of the oils you have mentioned. Coconut oil, Aloe Vera or Calendula oil might help. You can also apply essential oils that help sooth sun burn with either jojoba oil or sweet almond oil. The best essential oils for this would be lavender or peppermint. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Please, can I mix tumeric oil, carrot oil, jojoba oil and sweet almond to clear sunburn on my face
- Shatavari benefits for WomenHi D, indeed there is conflicting information on whether Shatavari can be taken during pregnancy or not. Some studies showed that Shatavari can affect milk supply during lactation, and that Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus) has possible teratogenicity so it should be avoided in pregnancy. Other studies showed that Shatavari is an ingredient in most herbal teas which are recommended to be taken during pregnancy and breastfeeding. I would recommend that you consult your GP or a qualified herbalist who deals with pregnant women before taking anything, in case you are already taking some supplements/ drugs or herbs to help with your pregnancy.
- Shatavari benefits for WomenHi, there's conflicting information whether this can still be taking during pregnancy. What do you suggest as I use your brand and trying to conceive?
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Dear Fatima, thank you for your message. For your type of skin Almond oil is ok -- its comedogenic level is 2 out of 5, it means it's not going to clog your pores. If you are looking for something even lower on that scale, you should go for Argan, Rosehip, Grapeseed, Hemp -oil which are 0-1. I hope this helps.