Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Treat your hair and skin this autumn
Now that the clocks have gone back, it is time to start preparing the skin and hair for the onslaught of freezing temperatures and blasts of hot air when we head into shops and offices this autumn.
Getting yourself ready for winter involves looking after yourself from the inside out, so don't neglect your diet. Stock up on nuts and seeds, which are full of vitamins and minerals, while essential fats such as flax seed oil provide the best kind of energy.
The Western Mail reports that what we eat can affect our skin, nails and hair, so avoid straw-like locks by eating plenty of proteins and checking your diet contains enough of vitamins B6, B12, C, iron and folic acid. If you don't eat enough vitamin C, your hair is prone to tangling and breaking more easily.
Protein, B vitamins and iron are "vital in maintaining a healthy blood supply", the newspaper said, "and a deficiency in any of these will limit the supply of oxygen to the hair and scalp, resulting in slower hair renewal".
As well as nourishing yourself inside, pay attention to the condition of your hair and get it trimmed regularly to get rid of the dry ends that tend to split.
You could also try applying a coconut oil treatment once or twice a week to give your locks a moisture injection and make hair look soft, shiny and more manageable.
The newspaper pointed out that when drying your barnet after a shower, avoid combing straight, wet hair directly because strands could be pulled out at the roots. Instead, wick away as much moisture as possible with a towel and use a wide-tooth comb to gently banish tangles, using your other hand to act as a barrier so that you are not pulling on the scalp when you get to a snag.
Posted by Matilda Jones
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy